Chapter 11

Stepping down the window she picked up her dress and wore it yet again. She didn't know what to do. After standing dumbfounded in the same spot for ten minutes straight, she decided to open her laptop to distract herself.

His image of lightly sucking on her breast before leaving kept replaying in her mind. If he was going to keep playing with her body everyday, she doubted she could ever focus on anything other than him. Unconsciously like a habit, her hand clicked on emails as her recently received appealed. Even though her mind still rustled with the sinful images of his doings, one particular email caught her attention. Immediately clicking on the full content an unknown smile spread across her face.
Finally...
She was accepted as the medical writer from the company that interviewed her yesterday. After completion of certain documentation formalities she could start her work from tomorrow. She was delighted to the most, not only would she be able to continue with her career but it would be a wide gateway of distraction from her husband. She smiled at her screen, staring at longingly.

Just how hard I've worked for this.

Tears of joy brimmed her eyes. Alone in front the screen while the setting sun watched she felt happy for herself.

No one and nothing would take this away from me.

She'd made sure of that. Not wasting a minute she started completing the formalities right away. She didn't changed her surname. She believed herself to be Tara Rao. Although her family name was announced more with fear than respect it still had been hers all her life. In the tiniest things she preserved her feminism locked, secured and safe.

She remembered about talking to him about not getting pregnant. Suddenly the thought sounded stupid. Obviously he wouldn't agree to her demand against pregnancy. He didn't inherently had to do anything except of drawing pleasure to become a father but for her...she would be compromising a lot of things to become a mother. If she could, she would never become a parent, not even in her dreams. Thoughts of children made her uncomfortable and down right obnoxious. How inconvenient of her to be born in mafia, where her only job was to do nothing more than being a mother.

She brought her thoughts back to the task at hand and completed the form filling and documentation. By the time she was done it was already dark. After a gentle knock Sia came in bringing her dinner.
"You know I'd like to see the mansion some day. Ever since I've come I am receiving everything in this room" Tara spoke, suddenly feeling light to have been met with a normal person.

"Umm, I don't think it's in my position to decide. I am just following my orders" with that she settled the plate down and started to leave.
"Hey, wait!" Tara said getting up from study chair. Sit with me.
"What, I am sorry mam, did I do some-"
"No you didn't, just sit"
Tara gestured the sit. As Sia hesitantly sat down, Tara carried her plate to a spot so they sat in front of each other. She knew Sia won't share food with her mistress so she didn't tried to convince.
"How long have you been here?" Tara asked while chewing on her food.
"4 years" was Sia's curt reply.
"Wow, did you go to school?"
" Yes, then I joined my parents here"
Tara hummed eating her flavorless food, enjoying Sia's presence.
"Who else lives in this place?" Tara casually asked.
"Mrs. Frantino, this is inappropriate I really shouldn't be here, just keep your plate here when you're done I'll come to pick it up" with that she stood and left before Tara could retort. Everything confused her. It had been just a day but she already felt castrophobic. Finishing her food she opened the window to feel the air. When the cold mountain air hit her senses did she relax. Gazing at the moon above she drowned in her thoughts. She didn't even want to think about what would happen if he comes back. If he planned to do what he said would do, she was far from ready. The only thing she wanted to feel right now was the moon and air and the excitement of starting the work tomorrow.