Prologue

"You know what you must do."

"I do, but I wish there was another way." I lift my head and rise to my feet.

"We've trusted you to watch over them long enough Y/N. With the pressure of the fallen angels falling on our clan, we need them taken care of." I let out a sigh.

"I know. Baraqiel will be home soon, I should get back." I quickly leave and return home, my mother's eyes meeting mine as I enter our shrine, and with her is my sister.

" I quickly leave and return home, my mother's eyes meeting mine as I enter our shrine, and with her is my sister

"I was wondering where you went off to," Mom says.

"I was out training," I lie. My sister jumps off of Mom's lap and comes over to me.

"Y/N! Y/N! You promised you would play with me tonight."

"I suppose I did. Let's go Akeno, you lead the way." I follow her into our bedroom and sit on the floor. I do my best to enjoy the time that we're having together, though fate has decided that it won't be for much longer. After a half-hour, the front door opens, and judging by the loud footsteps I can tell it's Dad. Akeno and I leave our room and go to greet him.

"Daddy's home!" Akeno runs over to hug him and I stay leaned against the wall

"It smells fantastic in here, Y/N must have hunted well." I give a slight nod. "Good work my son, you're providing well in my absence."

"I'm just doing the best I can," I respond modestly.

"Akeno, how about you go get washed up before dinner?"

"Okay!" She runs back into our room and I know the time is now. I reach inside of my shirt and pull out a sword, my feet slowly approaching my parents. Even though I call them Mom and Dad, they're not my actual parents. We're part of the same clan but my parents were killed when I was young, and they volunteered to take me in. So much has happened since that day, and now I have to put it all in the back of my mind. I lift the blade and drive it through my father's back, piercing his heart and causing blood to come up from his throat.

"So, it's like this, is it? I knew this time was coming."

"I'm sorry Father, I'm just doing what I have to. I promise that Akeno will be safe, just trust me." I pull my sword back and he falls onto the ground, the damage proving too much and killing him. I turn to my mother with tears in my eyes, and she has her face stained with them as well. "Please don't make this harder than it has to be, this kills me inside."

"You better take care of Akeno Y/N, or you'll have hell to pay."

"I know. I also know that hell will follow me anywhere I go from now on, but that is the price I must pay." Mother turns around and I stab her in the same way I did my father.

"I love you." Those are the final words she says before her body falls dead onto the ground next to her husband. I look down at the two of them with a pain in my chest. My legs carry me to the kitchen and I take the food off of the stove so nothing gets burnt down. In a nearby mirror, I get a look at my eyes, and I see that something has changed.

"What the hell?" I hear Akeno leave our room, and when I turn to look at her she has a face filled with sadness and pain

"Mommy? Daddy?" She walks over to them and notices all of the blood. Her eyes look up at the sword still in my hand.

"Akeno, run."

"You killed Mommy and Daddy! Why did you do that?" I hear people coming toward our home, and judging by the number of footsteps, it's a large group of them.

"I can't explain right now, but you need to run." The door is kicked open and I get between Akeno and the intruders, my blade raised toward them.

"I knew you didn't have the stomach. Kill the girl." Two men run toward Akeno and me but I cut them down with ease.

"Akeno, I'm not going to tell you again, just run! Someday I'll explain why this happened, but you need to save yourself!" I quickly cut down everyone else aside from the leader of the pack. "I did what you asked, now leave before I make you."

"You did nothing! That child with that fallen angel blood is still alive, and it's because of you." I stand straight up and sigh.

"I killed Shuri and Baraqiel, let Akeno go." I walk toward the man and put my sword to his neck. "If you or anyone else tries to hurt Akeno, there won't be anybody in this universe that can protect you!"

"Whatever, I don't need this right now. I'll be back for her though, just you wait." I put my sword away and look back at the bodies of my adoptive parents. I walk over to them and fall to my knees, any chance I had at standing giving out. I look around and see Akeno is nowhere to be found, realizing that she took my advice and ran as far as she could.

"Dammit!"

Eight Years Later

"I've finally made it after all of this time." I reach my hand out and a crow lands on my finger. "Find out where she is, I'll wait here."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had this idea on a whim and decided to start writing it. While this character is based on Itachi, it isn't going to be a one-to-one of his character. If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know, and until next time, have a good one.

-Coop