Sacrifices

"Y/N, are you awake yet?" I slowly rise from the bed and let Akeno in. "I made you something to eat. Lady Venelana told me you refused everything she gave you, so I took it upon myself."

"Thank you." She sets the plate down on the table and sits across from me. "You have a lot of respect for Venelana."

"She took great care of me after I was brought here, even if some of the things I was told were lies."

"It's not wise to believe everything you hear." I quickly eat the food in front of me, and once I finish Rias enters the room. "How are you feeling?"

"I should be asking you that."

"Sirzechs told me you were sick, and he tried to blame me." Rias shakes her head.

"It was nothing major, he probably just tried to make you feel worse about everything. Not to add to it, but you look terrible."

"I feel better now that I've eaten. Now I just need to get back into shape before this fight with Loki." Akeno rises to her feet.

"You're coming with us?"

"It's for my freedom," I explain to her. "Sirzechs came with Odin and let me down, said something about how I was needed for this fight. When it's over I'll be free, and everything I've done will be forgiven. I'm hesitant to believe it at this point, being as I've been lied to before, but I don't see a way out this time."

"There's no way you'll be ready for something like that," Akeno complains. "The last time you fought you almost died, and that was two weeks ago. Fighting a god is different than fighting an exorcist."

"Then I guess someone will need to help me get back into shape." I stand and open my bag that Odin brought me. "I'll see you two outside in five minutes, no complaints." Rias and Akeno leave the room, but another figure pushes the door open before they close it.

"Y/N."

"Rossweisse, it's been a few years, hasn't it?" She comes up to me and hugs me. "I hope you've been well."

"I'm fine, but you're not. I've given my concerns to Lord Odin, but he seems intent on letting you fight."

"I'm intent on fighting as well. If you want to help then follow those two girls outside, I'm gonna need a quick warmup to loosen myself up." Rossweisse pulls away from me.

"If you get hurt, please don't push yourself."

"Just tell me you love me at this point, it would make it easier for both of us." The Valkyrie's cheeks begin to turn red. "You've never been able to resist me, classic charm of the Uchiha." I jump from the balcony and land on the small arena outside, my eyes taking a minute to adjust to the light. Rias, Akeno, and Rossweisse meet me and come my way.

"So how are we doing this?" Rias asks me.

"Me against you three, I think that sounds fair." I jump to the other side of the arena and activate my Sharingan. "Show me the results of your training."

The Next Day

"The groundwork has been set," Sirzechs says as he begins to brief us. "Ajuka has bought you all as much time as he could, but it's time to send you into the fire. Lord Odin has returned to Asgard to have Mjolnir transported to the battlefield. It's up to you all to hold him back until Mjolnir arrives, and once it does, it is up to you all to seal Loki away." Sirzechs stops in front of me. "Are you sure you're ready for this battle?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"In your case, I suppose you don't." He takes a step toward me. "Do me a favor. Take care of these kids. You've had more experience than most of them combined, and I'm trusting your abilities to help them succeed in their mission."