Hurricane

Dream

"All of your friends are dead, and now it falls to you. The last Uchiha, what a joke." My eyes scan the area, the lifeless bodies of Rias and her entire peerage resting in my view. "The end of two bloodlines has finally arrived. Uchiha, Himejima, once this is over nobody will remember anything of either clan."

"Come out of the darkness and show me who you are, unless you're too much of a coward."

"Simple enough." The silhouette comes into view, an armored figure standing before me.

"Vali, you did this?"

"You knew what would happen if you got in our way. I'm going to do what should have been done a long time ago." Without a trace, the wind is knocked out of me, and my knees crash to the ground. "Time to end your worthless existence, and once you're done, nobody will be able to stop me." His foot crashes into my jaw, everything in view immediately going black.

Dream Over

"Dammit!" I sit up in a cold sweat and examine my surroundings. The first thing that occurs to me is that I'm alive, and looking back at the bed I see Akeno peacefully sleeping next to me. I place a hand on her shoulder and gently shake her awake. "Hey, Akeno, wake up."

"What do you want Y/N?" She rubs her eyes and her face lights up. "Y/N!" She puts her arms around me and pulls me close to her. "I didn't know if you were going to make it."

"I guess someone healed me from the wound caused by Fenrir." I look down at my chest and see nothing indicating I had even been in battle. "I feel like shit."

"It's still the middle of the night, I'm sure you're just tired."

"No, that's not it. Remember when you asked what Loki meant?" Akeno's face turns to one of worry. "I hate to say it, but I don't think I'll ever be able to fight again."

"Why not?"

"You know how I was going blind from overusing my Sharingan, but that's not the only problem I have. My dad ended up passing down a rare disease to me that's been slowly killing me over the last few years. The difference between this and my blindness is that there is nothing that can be done about it. If I enter another battle like the one against Loki, or even at the same level of Kokabiel, I'll die." Akeno stays silent for a minute before responding to me.

"Why didn't you tell me before now?"

"I didn't want you to worry about me. I could have told you when we reunited, but I didn't want to force you into accepting me after what I did to you." I lay back down and stare at the ceiling. "You've never needed me Akeno. Not then, not now, not ever. I could have stayed out of your life for a hundred years and you could have lived with the solace that I was dead. I wanted to use the short time I had left to let you know that I still loved you, even if you hated me more than anything in the world."

"Everything I did was to protect you. Putting a large target on myself made you think I was completely lost in my power. You spent eight years without me, growing and becoming the strong young woman that I have the pleasure of calling my sister. No matter what happened to me, I know that if I never found you, you would be better off for it, but my selfishly took that away from you."

"Stop!" Akeno's cry catches me off guard as I see tears forming in her eyes. "Stop saying that I don't need you because I do Y/N! Do you think the last eight years were easy for me? You couldn't be further from the truth. I missed my older brother who would help me with my hair and remind me that no matter what I deserved to live. Whenever I had a nightmare I could wake you up and ask if you would hold me until I went back to sleep. I spent the most developmental years of my life without the only person who understood me 100%, and I hated almost every fucking moment of it!" I quickly sit up and embrace her.