What You've Become

"Damn sunlight, I was hoping to sleep longer." While I consider getting up to close the curtains, Rias's head on my chest changes my mind. I admit defeat and kiss Rias on the head, stirring her awake. She looks around to piece her surroundings together, but when she notices I'm with her a smile hits her lips.

"Good morning." She leans up and kisses my cheek. "How did you sleep?"

"Better than I deserve." She rolls her eyes and lays her head back down. "Don't you have to get ready for school soon?"

"I have time." The alarm goes off next to us. "Never mind." She shuts the alarm off and gets out of bed, making sure to show her entire body off as she stretches. "There's something I need to talk to you about before I leave."

"What's going on?" She starts to get her school uniform together.

"Tonight during the peace summit would you mind staying with Gasper? I don't want to bring him on the off chance that something happens and he accidentally activates his Sacred Gear. I'd feel more comfortable knowing that you're with him."

"I can do that." Rias finishes putting her clothes on and I get out of bed. I open my arms for her and she enters them, laying her head against my chest as she did in bed.

"Thank you Y/N, for everything." She looks up at me and we kiss. "I never knew you could be so affectionate."

"You're bringing it out of me." Rias pulls away from me. "I'll see you after school."

"I may have to sneak away early to come to see you." Rias looks toward the window. "You and I both know what's at stake if the wrong person finds out about us, but I'm willing to risk it."

"We shouldn't worry ourselves about that now." Rias takes a deep breath and leaves the bedroom, and after she does I fall back asleep.

Later That Day

"It's time for us to go. Gasper, be good for Y/N." He pokes his head out of a box he's chosen to hide himself in.

"I will." I give Rias an affirmatory nod and she leaves with her peerage. I head over to the window and look outside, noting many forces on each side.

"It seems like today will be the beginning of peace or the resuming of war, no middle ground." I step away so nobody will notice me and sit back down. "I think the real question is how long will we have to wait to get an answer?" I lean back and put my hands behind my head. "I know Sirzechs and Azazel want peace, but I've never met Michael. If he cares as much as he's supposed to about God's people, he'll make peace, even if he won't tell them the truth."

"What are you talking about?"

"It's known that the devil kings all died in the Great War, but what most people don't know is God died too. It isn't public knowledge since the church wants to keep people's faith in God, but it'll come out sooner rather than later." I look around the room and notice a disturbance in the hallway. "Gasper, stay in the box!" I pick the box up and put it on my back, my sword the only thing keeping it strapped to me. The door breaks open and people with white hoods float into the room, about six in total.

"Hand over the half-vampire and we won't kill you!"

"Looks like there will be bloodshed after all. I hope I'm not too far out of practice." I quickly dash between each enemy, killing them in one blow. "It's about to be a wild ride."

"What's happening?"

"The Khaos Brigade is showing their hand." I leave the room with Gasper in tow, more magicians appearing and attempting to attack me. Once I clear the floor of them I look out of the window and notice that the forces of each faction are all being attacked by magicians. "This is not good." I activate Kamui and bring Gasper and me to the room where the summit is occurring.