Chiron

Y/N POV

"You know we don't need to wait for them here," Kuroka says as we ascend a staircase.

"Consider it my attempt to build some favor for myself." I lean against a wall and fix my eyes on the doorway. "Sona's Queen did a great job helping Irina, and it seems like she recovered completely." The doors open and reveal the two exorcists with their white cloaks on.

"What are you doing here?"

"I figured I could send you two off, it's not like anybody else is going to." Xenovia turns her head. "You're not getting anywhere holding this grudge. You both got out safe on a mission that you weren't expected to survive, and you were able to recover the fragments of Excalibur instead of having them destroyed. Do yourself a favor and cut it the fuck loose." Irina places a hand on her partner's shoulder.

"He's right. It's been years since that happened, you shouldn't hold it against him anymore." Xenovia begins walking away. "Thanks for your help Y/N. I'll be sure to tell Lord Michael that you were the one who kept us alive."

"I didn't do much, but I appreciate the sentiment." Irina chases her partner and Kuroka and I walk outside.

"You know, I never actually learned what happened between you two."

"It's not a crazy story, but to someone like her, I can't blame her for hating me. A few years ago, not too long after you left, those two were sent to kill me. They were only fourteen or fifteen at the time, too young for a mission like that. My attention was focused more on Xenovia than Irina, and I almost killed her before we were ambushed by another group looking to strike at the church. They all died, and Irina and Xenovia barely got out. The last thing I remember was seeing Irina pulling Xenovia while she was unconscious, and it was rough for both of them."

"It seems pointless that she's holding that against you, especially now, but I guess there is nothing that can be done about it now." Kuroka and I walk quietly to the apartment building Azazel is staying at, and once we get upstairs Vali opens the door.

"Come on in." The three of us walk through the main living room and to a large balcony where Azazel is sitting.

"There he is." He points his fork to the chair across the table and I sit down across from him. "Bloody Mary, or how about some breakfast?"

"No thanks."

"Suit yourself." He wipes his mouth with his napkin and sets his fork down. "Quite the job you did on Kokabiel. I'm going to be speaking with him later, but I think that he'll be willing to talk considering he doesn't have much left to lose."

"Is that the only reason you wanted me here?"

"No, of course not. Look, I'm not sure how much you know about the politics of the Three Factions, but it seems like every one is willing to talk and work things out. Between Sirzechs and me, you should be just fine, but there is something else brewing behind the scenes." Azazel's eyes turn toward the edge of town. "Somebody has had enough of the peace, and it seems they might make a move sooner rather than later."

"What does that have to do with me?"

"You're someone they may reach out to, and if you want to keep yourself and your sister safe, you'll make sure to deny their request." I stand up and walk toward the door.

"Don't worry about me Azazel, you should be more concerned with the people in your camp." Vali smirks at me as Kuroka and I walk out of the door. After a few words exchanged between him and Azazel he joins us. The three of us leave the building and I turn my gaze to Vali. "He has no idea, does he?"

"Not at all, but he seems to suspect you more than me."

"They've reached out, but I gain nothing by being part of a group like that." We head toward the school and wait for the students to clear out before entering the old school building. As we enter the club room Akeno approaches me and I put an arm around her.