Life is Beautiful

As the sun beats through the window I quickly realize I'm not in my normal sleeping area. A quick look around reveals Akeno's room, and looking down I see her cuddled up against me. I do my best to get out of bed without disturbing her, but a high-pitched whimper renders that a failure. Upon realizing my defeat I lay back down, my hand resting in Akeno's hair as I move it across her head.

"Can you close the blinds? It's too bright in here." I do as she asks and I check the time.

"You may not like this, but you're late for school." Akeno groans and rolls over onto her side.

"Whatever, I'll just skip."

"Let me get you some more water." I leave her room and notice a silhouette near the front door. As I approach I see Rias and open the door.

"Where is she?"

"She's in bed. She's not feeling well so I'm taking care of her." I enter the kitchen and fill a cup with water.

"I know what you two were up to Y/N."

"Is that supposed to bother me?" Rias's eye begins to twitch.

"I understand that a day like that isn't one Akeno would want to participate in, but taking her to a casino and a night of drinking is not an acceptable alternative."

"What is she your fucking dog?" I slam the glass onto the counter. "Say what you want about how she's in your peerage and whatever, but don't act like you know what's best for her." Rias stomps toward me.

"And you do? What would a psychopathic murderer know about anybody's feelings but his own? Don't act as if you took her out to make her feel better because we both know that's a lie."

"Well, what would you have suggested Rias? That she sits and sees a bunch of families being happy while the only one she has left is the person responsible for putting her into that situation? I won't act like I'm a great person but at least I care. She's the only family I have left, and the least I could do was help her. You can think whatever you want about me, but if you have so much as a passive thought against Akeno I will singlehandedly burn you, your family, and your peerage to the fucking ground!"

"Enough!" Akeno walks out of her room with a hand on her head. "Can you two stop yelling please?" I take her the glass of water.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get so worked up." Akeno looks over at Rias.

"I'm not going to school today, I feel like death." Rias crosses her arms under her breasts.

"That's fine, but you're still coming to the meeting with my brother after school. As for you Y/N, I need your help with something."

"I don't owe you a thing." Rias walks toward Akeno and me.

"I'm asking a favor, that's it. You're the only person I could think to ask for this." I take a breath and decide to hear her out. "You may not know that I have a second Bishop, and he's been locked away for a time due to being unable to control his power. His Sacred Gear rests in his eyes, and I wondered if you could help since you're the last person on Earth with a Sharingan."

"What's the catch?"

"There's no catch, he needs some guidance. If you could copy his power for a short while and learn how it works then there may be a chance for him. Do this for me and I'll forget all about yesterday."

"You'll need to do better than that," I spit. "I'm not some babysitter that's going to teach someone how to control their power, especially since you're holding something over my head for it."

"Then come up with something you want in return." Rias walks toward the door. "I'll see you two after school, so please make sure she's feeling better by then."