What If I Was Nothing

"So, Y/N, I would hope you have a good answer for why you're with a known criminal of the Underworld." I stand between Sirzechs and Kuroka.

"She's not the bad person you think she is. She killed her master for a legitimate reason."

"Oh really? Would you happen to have any proof of this?" Kuroka grabs my shoulder.

"Y/N, you don't need to do this."

"I don't have any on me, but I could go get it if you let me. Allow Kuroka and I to go together and we'll give you what you need. She can be exonerated of all crimes, and the two of us can go. You looked past what I did, and I'll give you a reason to look past what she did as well." Sirzechs nods his head.

"Very well. You two can go retrieve what evidence you can find, but if you don't report back in three hours, then I will send whoever I have to send to make sure that both of you are never heard from again."

"Deal," I respond without hesitation. "Let's go Kuroka." We leave the Gremory mansion and begin our trek to the sight where Kuroka killed her master years ago.

"Y/N, are you sure you know what you're getting into?"

"No, but it doesn't matter. Everything is going to work out fine, and then you and Shirone can speak about it. I don't think she would harbor any hatred toward you if she found out the truth." We arrive at an abandoned house that looks like it's on the verge of falling over. After entering the smell of blood shoots into my nose, causing me to look for its source. "This is a strange place to keep your peerage."

"Yes." As I analyze the room I notice the unkempt manner of everything. Part of it could be from the investigating team when the killing first happened, but I feel like they would have tried to leave the scene as close to how it was when they found it. Wandering over to a desk I see notes strewn about, but what appears in the corner of my eye worries me. Reaching over to grab it I feel a rough but hard texture, and examining the item closely I realize what it is.

"This is a bone," I tell Kuroka. "It may have been part of a skull, but I'm not sure."

"It's likely. He was a creep." I put the bone fragment down and go toward a set of stairs leading to the basement. Entering the basement gives off an even filthier stench of blood, but that isn't even the worst part. My eyes meet a furnace at the end of the room, and looking into it reveals more bone fragments.

"How did anyone miss this on their first visit here? Was this supposed to be a coverup for something?" I look back at the stairs and realize Kuroka is still upstairs. "I wonder if they intentionally overlooked this." The desk at the corner of the room shows more strewn papers, but a glance at one reveals exactly what I'm looking for. "Kuroka, get down here!"

"What did you find?" She asks as she descends the steps.

"Plans to create a Super Devil. It's all right here. There are notes on other experiments, and this one is the most damning." I hand it to Kuroka and anger paints her face.

"Shirone was going to be next, I knew it. Grab as much of these as you can." I do as instructed and we head back outside where a few devils are waiting for us.

"I knew I saw that Nekomata bitch, but I never would have realized the last Uchiha was with her as well. Let's take them down and get our payday!" Kuroka and I nod as we analyze our opponents. There are only four of them, and none of them appear that strong. A quick activation of my Sharingan helps me to weave through their attacks before ultimately putting them down.

"That was irritating." I take the bodies and put them into the house.

"What are you doing?"

"You'll see." A stream of fire shoots from my mouth, setting the house ablaze. The foundation gives out and the walls begin tumbling down, but due to the location of the house, there won't be any residual damage to the area or anything around it. "We have everything we need, and if they have a problem with it then we'll make it out like we always do." Kuroka comes my way and tackles me into a hug, locking her lips with mine quickly.