Voices In My Head

"Come on in Y/N." I open the apartment door and see Azazel drinking on his couch.

"Got enough to spare me a glass?" He pours me a drink and hands it to me.

"So what's brought you here?"

"I'm just wondering why you stood up for me over Sirzechs. If anything I've gained more favor from him than you, but I guess that isn't true."

"I did it as a favor to you." Azazel sets his glass down. "You put yourself on the line against Vali knowing that you could have died, and that takes balls. You don't have to be strong enough for that, the Red Dragon will take care of it, but in the meantime, you still have plenty of room to grow. Being a pure human would put you at quite a disadvantage, but your bloodline has saved you. Tell me, if you could speak to your father right now, what would you say?" I take a second to think.

"I don't know, I've never considered it as an option. I guess I would ask him for guidance, but would he accept that his son followed the same path as he did?" Azazel reaches under the table and grabs a book. He opens a specific page and hands it to me. "What is this?"

"Your chance to speak to not only your father but to Baraqiel and Shuri as well." My finger hits the top of the page.

"Edo Tensei." I quickly skim through the summary. "I can revive them, but they wouldn't be the same as before."

"You're the only person I know who could do it, but it will take time for you to learn how to use it." I close the book. "Hold onto that, there are a lot of things you could make use of."

"So what are you asking me to do?"

"Use the Edo Tensei to bring your father back. Find out how he lived, and what made him as powerful as he was, and use that to push yourself forward. If it works, then use it to let Akeno speak to her parents one final time." I throw my head back and look at the ceiling.

"I don't know if she would want that. I guess I could always ask her, but I would hate to make an empty promise to her." I finish my drink and slam the glass onto the table. "Thanks for talking to me Azazel."

"Hold on a minute. Since you're here there is something that you'll want to know. Sirzechs has ordered that Rias's peerage move in with the Red Dragon Emperor."

"All of them?" Azazel nods his head. "I wonder if he's trying to help Issei gain Rias's favor."

"Vali told me briefly about your relationship with her, said I could use it for leverage how I see fit. Thankfully for you, the drama doesn't interest me. You two can figure it out on your own time, but don't let it affect yours or their development."

"I won't, and for the record, my relationship with Rias is none of your damn business." Azazel smirks.

"Of course, it isn't. As I said, so long as everything stays the course with the growth of the Gremory peerage then there will be no issues." I put the book under my arm and make for the exit. "I'll see you soon Y/N, Rias and her peerage still need to hear the news."

"Great." I leave Azazel's apartment and head back to the school, my mind racing as I try to decipher why Sirzechs is putting everyone together. On one hand, it could help their team and develop their relationships with each other, but I find it hard to believe that's all there is to it.

As I enter the old school building the clock on the wall reads one, leaving me a couple of hours before everyone will gather up for their club time. Gasper has slowly integrated into the school, but it seems like he still has much to get used to. Thankfully for him, Koneko has been with him, but in turn, she doesn't seem to want anything to do with me after what I told Kuroka. My feet guide me into the clubroom, but when I arrive I notice Grayfia standing by the window.