My Fight

It's been a couple of weeks since I saved Rias and began living with Akeno, and all in all, it's been very enjoyable. During the time before I reunited with Akeno I was wandering from place to place, and having a stable place to stay has been a welcome change of pace. While Akeno is at school Grayfia has been keeping me company, allegedly under orders of Sirzechs. I'm not sure why entirely, but the company has been nice. Most of our time has been spent training together as well as learning more about how Akeno's life has been since the devils took her in.

When Akeno is out handling summons I take the time to kill stray devils that Rias has been told about, and it's been helping my favor with the Underworld according to Grayfia. The rest of Rias' peerage has begun looking at me like an older brother, and having six younger siblings has been fun as well. Whenever any of them looks for advice I'm the one they come to, and I've learned plenty about each of them.

Kiba seems to be the honorable Knight he presents himself as, but the look in his eyes is hollow at times, one that I'm familiar with. Koneko is usually pretty quiet around me, but she seems to enjoy beating the hell out of me for training so there's that. Asia has to be one of the kindest people I've ever met, either her or Shuri. Even as a former member of the church she holds no disdain for her life as a devil, and she also has forgiven the church for her exile when she accidentally healed a devil. As for Rias' Pawn Issei, I'm a bit confused. His dreams are a bit odd to me, his desire mainly focused on being the "Harem King." That being said, once you get past his perversion he isn't the worst person in the world, but he's the one I seem to be bonding with the least.

"School will be letting out soon, I should let you get over there." I bow to Grayfia and she gathers her things. "I'll see you tomorrow Y/N."

"I'm looking forward to it." She teleports away and a knock on the door raises my defenses. I grab my sword and hold it behind my back because as far as I know Akeno never has visitors. I open the door to see a beautiful woman in a black kimono with black cat ears and two tails.

 I open the door to see a beautiful woman in a black kimono with black cat ears and two tails

"Kuroka?" I set my sword down. "I thought I would never see you again."

"It took me some time to find you, but it didn't help that the Queen of Lucifer was here watching over you."

"I was in captivity for a little while, but everything is fine now." Kuroka takes a step toward me.

"So I've heard. I know all about your little fight against Riser Phenex, and how you utterly humiliated him in front of devilkind. You also stood up against those who tried to kill you, but that's nothing new." Kuroka closes the door behind her.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to apologize. I wanted to warn you that I was leaving, but I couldn't. If you knew I was going to leave you would have followed me, and I didn't want to make your life harder while you were going blind. Your power feels amplified compared to the last time we met, and I know now that you have your sight back fully." Kuroka takes my hand and a tear forms in her eye. "I've missed you so much Y/N." I pull her toward me and lay my head on hers.