Eyeless

"Y/N, would you mind if I asked you a few questions on our way to the stray?"

"If an idle conversation would make you feel better to break the tension then I suppose I can amuse you." I see Rias shake her head.

"Why did my brother have such an interest in capturing you? I've tried to look over anything I could find on you, but Sirzechs had most of the important information classified."

"I killed my clan, the Three Factions knew they had to keep their eyes on me. You know that they've been in a stalemate for centuries, but once I killed Baraqiel and the fallen angels found out that Akeno was taken in by devils, Azazel was going to go after her. Your brother protected her, but he told him that I was the one who had killed Baraqiel, which was true. In an attempt to gain favor with them and bring the factions to peace, Sirzechs started sending parties of devils to try and capture me. He thought that if he offered me to Azazel that he would be able to open peace talks, and if two factions were willing to talk, then surely Michael and the angels would try to enter the conversation as well. Not only that, but there are rebels within the devils, angels, and fallen angels. They have a leader, they have a plan, and they have the means to get what they want." I look away from the Gremory heiress. "I've been reached out to, but I refuse to let Akeno get hurt because I joined the wrong side. You'll have thousands of years to help make Akeno happy, I have to make the effort before I die by the end of the century."

"We don't have to be awkward around each other Y/N. We can be friends if you want."

"You misunderstand." Rias looks at me confusedly and I smirk at her. "My goal is to protect you. You're a sister to Akeno, and therefore a sister to me, so long as that doesn't make you uncomfortable." Rias smiles at me.

"That works for me Y/N, but I can only hope you'll extend that same gratitude to the rest of my peerage."

"Shouldn't be a problem."

"Now for my next question, are there any other members of the Himejima left?" I shrug my shoulders.

"None that I know of, but that doesn't mean that I didn't miss one. The rest of the principal clans have come after me, but luckily for them, they learned their lesson when I began killing them. For clans that worshipped Shinto spirits, they sure did love to try and kill me."

"Do any of them know about your current situation?" I nod my head.

"They know that I'm not hunting them, so they're not concerned with what I'm doing. Anything else you would like to know?"

"Akeno said she saw you praying before you two left yesterday morning, is faith important to you?"

"You could say that. I don't pray to God of the Bible, I instead pray to a God that can watch over me with whatever I am doing. I don't pray all of the time, but it does feel nice to think that someone is watching over me." Rias stops walking and she opens the door of a warehouse and I activate my new Sharingan, my sight feeling like it has evolved since the last time I activated it. Rias closes the door behind us and the stench of blood starts to enter my nostrils. Rias covers her nose and I look around for the stray devils. As I enter the middle of the room I see a few figures appear from behind a shelf.

"I've heard of him," one of them cries. "It's Y/N Himejima!"

"What is he doing here?" Before any of them can react, black flames begin to burn the trio at the end of the room.