Patience

"Y/N, wake up." I look around and see Kuroka sitting at the edge of my bed.

"How did you get in here?"

"I came in as Akeno left, it wasn't hard." I sit up and stretch, Kuroka licking her lips as she sees my chest.

"So what are you doing here?"

"Sirzechs said that today was the school's open house, and he wanted you to join in on messing with Rias and the others."

"Are you going?"

"Of course. Any chance I get to mess with my little sister I'm going to take."  I stand and grab a change of clothes.

"Give me a minute." I get ready and rejoin Kuroka, and as we leave I see Sirzechs and Grayfia with a man I don't recognize.

" I get ready and rejoin Kuroka, and as we leave I see Sirzechs and Grayfia with a man I don't recognize

"About time you got up, we've been waiting."

"Fuck you." Kuroka and I approach the trio.

"Y/N, this is my father, Zeoticus."

"Pleasure to meet you. I'd introduce myself but I feel like that's unnecessary." He smirks and nods.

"Quite. My son seems to think you're not so bad, so I'm going in with faith. To be fair, anyone willing to save my daughter is a good person in my eyes."

"How thoughtful." The five of us begin our walk to the academy. "Is everyone else already there?"

"Most likely. Rias didn't know we were coming until yesterday, and I'm sure she's dreading it." I start laughing.

"I doubt Akeno will be that embarrassed by seeing me, but there's no telling." After a few minutes, we arrive at the main building, and it occurs to me I've never seen the inside of the school, only the outside. As my eyes dart around I notice Issei's mom with a man I can only assume is his dad.

"Oh, hello Y/N. I wasn't expecting to see you here."

"This is the only chance I've had to attend this day, so I'm making the most of it." Everyone introduces themselves and begins chatting before a bell rings. Issei's parents and Kuroka all take off in another direction as I follow the Gremorys toward Rias and Akeno's class. Once we enter I notice Akeno isn't there, and I decide to leave and see if I can track her down. The first place I think to go is the old school building, and when I reach the clubroom the doors are locked.

"Akeno, it's me." The door unlocks and I enter. "Are you okay?"

"I hate this day." In her hand, I see a picture of the two of us with her parents, and I sit next to her and embrace her.

"That explains why I didn't know about it until now." My eyes focus on the picture, the thoughts in my head going back to simpler times.

"Y/N, do you think they would be proud of me?"

"Not a doubt in my mind that they would be." Tears fall from Akeno's eyes and I wipe them away, her head tucking into my chest as the waterworks flow harder. "I hate to think like this, but the worst thing that ever happened to you was me."