Waste Away

"That's strange." I throw the kunai in my hand at a tree, the point perfectly landing in the bullseye of the target I set up. "I don't think Kiba went to school today."

"Why would you think that?" Grayfia asks me.

"Rias probably didn't tell you what happened, but in short, his past has come back to haunt him and he wants to do something about it. I tried to warn him against it, but I'm starting to think he isn't listening to me. I saw what he went through, and I don't blame him for his anger."

"You saw it? How?" I sit down on the grass and look at the sky.

"Genjutsu. Using my Sharingan I was able to get into his mind, and as the events replayed in his head, I was able to see them from the perspective of a bystander. It's a little inhumane, but there was no other way for me to understand."

"Was it uncomfortable for you?" I shake my head.

"I relive my biggest regret every day of my life, seeing someone else go through hell doesn't bother me. Besides, you fought in a war, would you be surprised to know that an enemy faction was throwing kids away like they were nothing?"

"I suppose not," Grayfia responds.

"You know, I like you Grayfia. Most devils are too overconfident, but you don't show everyone just how strong you are. Hell, in all honesty, I'm surprised a human like me can stand up to the Ultimate Queen. Sure, I may be gifted as an Uchiha, but you've got me beat in experience. That's not a bad thing though, you still look 20 no matter how old you are." Grayfia smiles and blushes.

"Thank you Y/N. For the record, I've enjoyed being around you. I'm glad to know that you aren't just a heartless killer like how the Underworld perceived you." She takes a breath. "You would do anything for those that matter to you, and that's the most honorable thing I can think of."

"It's part of making up for my past actions." Grayfia looks at me strangely. "What's going on?"

"I sense two holy auras on their way to the academy."

"That's not good." I head inside and grab my sword. "You should go let Sirzechs know, I'll run over there before anything gets worse."

"Okay. I'm trusting you." Grayfia teleports away and I sprint toward Kuoh Academy. Once I reach the old school building I hurry up the stairs and into the clubroom, my eyes meeting with two girls with white cloaks on.

 Once I reach the old school building I hurry up the stairs and into the clubroom, my eyes meeting with two girls with white cloaks on

"It's you!" The girl with blue hair stands and grabs her sword.

"Xenovia, wait!"

"I remember you Blue, it looks like you cut your hair." The cover for her sword comes off and she tries to put it to my neck, but I pull my blade and defend myself. "You seem like you've gotten stronger as well."

"I'm going to kill you!"

"Will someone explain what's going on?" I look over at Rias.

"I'm curious about that as well. What are two exorcists from the church doing here?"