My Wrongs

Y/N POV

"You two sit tight, I'll go tell him you're here." Akeno looks around the room as we wait.

"Where are we?"

"In a word, Asgard. The Allfather and I go back a few years, and he's the only faction leader that doesn't seem to be intent on killing me." The door opens and I stand to greet the man.

" The door opens and I stand to greet the man

"Y/N? I didn't know you were coming. Things must be falling apart if you had to run." His eyes dart past me. "This must be your sister. Quite a beautiful girl."

"Keep your hands to yourself. I would hope that after your birthday party you would be satisfied." He walks past me. "Come on, the stripper was supposed to be congratulatory."

"It was also a man." He sits across from us. "So, what brings you here?"

"It seems that the Underworld is prepared to kill me. I was under the impression I was repairing that relationship, but they invited me into their home hoping I would let my guard down."

"Do you have evidence of this?"

"I wouldn't have come here if I wasn't certain, Lord Odin." He strokes his beard. "Tell me, is there anything you can do to help us?"

"Look, I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm to be meeting with the Three Factions in a couple of weeks to join the alliance they've formed." I lean back in my chair.

"So we're screwed?"

"Not necessarily. I have something I need help with, and you may be just the person for the job." I lean forward and put my hands on the desk.

"I'm listening."

"News of the potential alliance has gone around, and while most seem to be on board, it appears that there are still some that feel strongly against it. If you can find something concrete for me then I'll help you out, but if not I'll have to turn you away." Odin looks over at Akeno. "If I know you as well as I think I do, I shouldn't have to ask if you'll accept."

"It seems I don't have a choice in the matter." I stand and grab my things. "Thank you, Lord Odin. I'll have to accept whatever I can get at this point." The Allfather starts laughing.

"I've never seen you this worried before."

"I wasn't fighting for someone else before. Akeno, come with me." She grabs her things and follows me out of Odin's office. We walk in silence to a small bedroom. "I know it isn't much, but this is what we have."

"Don't worry about it." Akeno sets her things down and sits on the bed. "Are you going to look around?"

"Not until tomorrow. It's been a long day, and I'm in no mood to deal with that right now. Besides, I don't need to be the one to look around on my own." I open the window and extend my hand, allowing a crow to land on my finger. "You know what to look for." The crow flies away and I sit next to Akeno.