Go Alone

"Six against sixteen, I'm not surprised at the result." I throw a kunai up in the air before catching it with one finger. "How long until Lucifer comes to beg for my help?" A red circle appears on the ground. "Not very long, whatever."

"What did you think Y/N?"

"I think devils are a weak race who rely too much on their status. None of you interest me because you already have it in your head whether you are going to win or not. The unexpected isn't something you all are good with." I throw the kunai at the wall and hit the bullseye I've drawn. "1,000." I head over to a bar hanging from the ceiling and start doing pull-ups.

"Have you reconsidered our arrangement?"

"Nope, not one bit. This is the coziest place I've ever lived, and I have everything I could want. Peace, enough space to workout, you even gave me a TV and the materials to make practice dummies. If you want to kill me then go ahead and do it, quit wasting our time." Sirzechs takes a step back.

"I feared this would be the result." Another red circle opens up and I see Akeno come through it.

"Hey little sis, your wounds healed quickly. Maybe devils are good at something after all."

"Why won't you help us?" I let go of the bar and land on my hands to allow myself to do handstand pushups.

"You know how important Rias is to me Y/N, so why won't you help?"

"It's not about you." She comes over to the edge of my cell and puts her hands on the bars. "You got by just fine without me, and you can handle this too. You're a strong woman Akeno, and I know that you truly don't want my help."

"You're right, I don't, but I know that if you don't that Rias is going to have to marry that asshole."

"Those were the rules of the game, were they not?"

"That may not concern you, but what if he doesn't stop there? What if he took me?" I pause my workout and look at Akeno.

"Then I would murder him and his entire family, simple enough. I came back into your life to explain what happened and why I acted the way I did, and if you allowed me to I would protect you with everything I have. It may not mean a damn thing to you, but you're the only family I have left, and that means something to me."

"Then do it for me. If he does marry Rias then he'll have access to her entire peerage, myself included." She looks down to the ground. "I've had time to think. I'm still angry with you, that will never change, but I know that deep down you would never do something that would put me in harm's way. You had your reason, and while I may not agree with it, it's what happened. There is one thing you're wrong about though." She opens the cell door and walks inside of it, approaching me and hugging me. "I need you Y/N. You're the only thing left that reminds me of my parents, even if that includes their deaths." I put an arm around Akeno and kiss her head.