Bloodline

The feeling of water splashing onto my face wakes me from my slumber. As I frantically try to assess my surroundings the events of last night replay in my head, reminding me of where I am.

"Hey, Y/N." I turn to look at Akeno.

"Did you throw water on my face?"

"You were having a bad dream and you wouldn't wake up. I wasn't sure what else to do." Akeno sits down next to me. "Is everything okay?"

"Just me facing the same nightmare I have for eight years now." I feel tears start to stream down my face. "Every night I relive that moment, the choice I had to make to kill your parents. Sometimes it's different, but tonight was the usual. Sometimes I'm able to save them, but then someone else finishes the job. There have only been about four times that I can recall the dream ending peacefully, the four of us living happily ever after." My eyes lock with Akeno's. "Sorry about my rambling, it's just nice to get that off of my chest."

"It's okay." Akeno lays down next to me. "Would it bother you if I stayed with you?"

"I feel like I should be asking you that." I lay down and Akeno snuggles up against me.

"You always let me come sleep with you when I had a nightmare, maybe it'll work the other way." My arm goes around Akeno as I feel her heartbeat against my bare chest while she reaches up to wipe the last of my tears away.

"I hope so."

"Y/N, can I ask you something?"

"Of course." Akeno leans her head up as she brushes the hair from her face.

"How did you get your Mangekyo Sharingan?"

"I'm surprised you knew about that, but I can't blame Lucifer for doing research. It was about a year after they took you in, I was busy trying to defend myself. One night a squad from our clan came to kill me, but this time it was different. They sent my aunt after me, my mother's twin. It turns out she had been blaming me for what happened to my mom, and she finally found the chance to take it out on me. I killed the rest of them before I killed her, and once she was gone my Sharingan evolved. That was also the night I wiped out the rest of the Himejima clan."

"Was it hard for you to do?"

"Kill the woman who looked exactly like my mother? Absolutely. I never got to know my mom, but I still have a picture of her and my dad from when she was pregnant with me. She never got to witness how I ended up, but at this point, it's for the better. As for the rest of the clan, they had it coming and I accelerated that process." I run my hand through Akeno's hair. "We can talk more tomorrow, we should get to sleep."

"Okay." Akeno closes her eyes and I smile.

"I love you, sis." She returns my smile but doesn't say anything as we both drift off.

The Next Morning

"Y/N, wake up." I sit up and rub my eyes. "I got up early so I could make breakfast before we left. I hope you like it."

"I'm sure it'll be wonderful, thank you." We eat in silence and once we're done Akeno heads into her room. I see a bag near the wall with a note on it, and I go over to investigate.

You left some of your things in the cell, this should be all of it.

-Sirzechs

I look inside and grab a change of clothes before going into the kitchen and washing my face off. Once I know I'm in private I quickly change and wait for Akeno to come back out.

"Y/N, could you come to help me?" I go into her room and see her sitting on the end of her bed. "Could you help me with my hair?"

"Of course." I sit behind her and start brushing her hair. "It's much longer than you used to have it."