|| 43 ||

CHAPTER - 43
-THE JEALOUS MAID-

•°~°•

R A N D H I R

"Alright. Come downstairs. Immediately. Get me?" I sternly said, standing up from the bed and marched out. As I flounced downstairs and reached the kitchen, I announced,"Attention here." They all turned. "Any problem, sir?" Amanda questioned.

"Yeah. But not with me, but with the workers. I am hearing complaints lately about a maid bad mouthing my wife." Everyone's face colour drained. Amanda gasped and scanned at all the girls,"Girls, in the hall, right now."
they all nodded nervously.

Amanda knew the rules and regulations of this house. Being the oldest among all the workers in my house, she had always been the best, hardworking, and trustworthy maid. She follows my words and orders without a second command. Which was forever impressive !

I sat on the couch with one leg resting on my other, all the maids were standing in front of my view with their heads bowed. Terror, sorrow and exasperation were filled in every eyes. I was sure eyes holding annoyance, needed a lesson to be taught but not so soon. But not too late either.

All the heads in the room, including mine, snapped towards the staircase as soon as footsteps were audible.

Arushi stood at the same spot staring at everybody while fiddling her fingers. She gulped when her eyes landed on me. She blinked repeatedly, nibbling her lower lip.

"Arushi, come here. We all don't have a whole day." She jumped at my sudden raise of voice and rushed closer.

"Hmm..now speak. Who was the one who talked shits about you ?" My voice was deadly stern. I heard her taking a sharp breath. I waited patiently but was unsatisfied by her silence. "I don't like repeating myself, Arushi Malhotra." I almost shouted. Amanda gave her a pity look, gesturing to speak.

"I-I uh- H-huh-Randhir, l-leave. Please." She stammers. I stood up with rage and turned to her. She swallowed, her breath that she took in, trembling. "I-It-It w-was her." She pointed.

"Lynda." Amanda yelled. "Don't you know we are meant to respect the boss' wife, Ms. Arushi, just the way we respect the boss , even after that you talked bad about her. How can you be this careless ? This time I am not gonna save you. You are getting punished. I won't save you anymore." Amanda shook her head in disbelief.

"SO HOW AM I IN FAULT ? THIS BITCH WAS THE ONE WHO BARGED INTO MY LOVE LIFE. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I FELT LOVE FOR SOMEONE BUT THIS FAT DIRTY PIG DESTROYED EVERYTHING. I WILL KILL HER." She screeched and approached Arushi while growling.

I defied her attack by holding her elbow then pushed her away,"YOU BLOODY SLAVE, DARE TO TOUCH ARUSHI AND I WILL CHOP YOUR HANDS, I SWEAR."

She sobbed,"please Randhir, I love you so much. I loved you and only you, like a mad woman. When you left for India I used to stare at your pictures BUT IN RETURN, YOU CAME BACK WITH THIS SLUT. I WILL NEVER LET HER LIVE PEACEFULLY." She wiped her tears, breathing heavily with anger.

"SHUT UP. SHUT YOUR MOUTH. ONE MORE BAD WORD ABOUT HER AND SEE WHAT I DO WITH YOU! AND IF YOU LOVED ME YOU WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SEDUCE ME AND GET INTO MY BED. Tell me honestly, haven't you ever slept with my guards ? Don't. Dare. To. Lie. I know everything." I roared.

She avoided meeting eyes. I mocked a laugh.

"GUARDS. GUARDS." I screamed.

"Sir, please no sir. S-Sir please. Leave me. I-I promise I-I will never re-repeat my mistake. P-please." She begged, getting on her knees and joining her hands.

"Tch. I wish I could forgive you but it's too late. GUARDS." I said with sarcasm. Two guards came running, I ordered them,"Throw her in the warehouse." She kept shrieking and pleading for another chance and forgiveness but showing mercy is difficult for me, doesn't matter how innocent they're.

"R-Randhir, I-It's n-not her fault. Leave h-her. I-It was me who e-entered in your lives. I-I am sorry. L-leave her." Arushi clutched onto my shoulder. I ignored her until the maid was out of my vision.

"Yeah, what were you saying ?" I looked dead into her eyes. She awkwardly with fear shook her head negatively. "I am really very sorry, Madam. I am asking for forgiveness on her behalf. It must have hurt you listening to those words." Amanda apologized. "Oh please, don't be s-sorry. It's not your fault. Moreover, you are older than me. It doesn't look good when older citizens like you ask for forgiveness from younger people." Arushi smiled sadly.

"Aww, you've got such a kind heart, hunny. May god bless you both always. You're really lucky to have a husband like him. The person who doesn't care about anyone, cares about you." Amanda half cupped her face, adoring her facial features.

Afterall she was my choice, my wife. My choice could never be wrong. No doubt I am blessed to have a pure angel like Arushi. She was one, single, unique person among thousands.

"You should get freshen-up until I serve your breakfasts. Girls, in the kitchen. Right now." Amanda said before walking into the kitchen with other girls. Arushi stared at their retreating figures moving into the kitchen. Her face fell down with a frown of nervousness and worry. I pushed my hands in my pants pocket and took small steps towards her.

I brushed her hair away from her shoulder which was sweaty. My eyes followed the drop of sweat slid down from her hair to neck. I chuckled before wiping her sweat using my handkerchief. I wrapped my arms around her stomach from behind. I heard her sighing. "Everything is okay." I whispered in her ears, calmly. Yet I knew my voice was hoarse.

She turned and hugged me. I picked her in my arms. We made our way upstairs to our room. "Go take a bath." I kept my hand on the back of her head. She nodded and went to the bathroom.

~to be continued~

Words : 1047

Published : 19 Apr 2022

•••••

{A/N}

I know it wasn't much good. I don't even I have written.🤪😐

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow for more

Writer,
Pratibha