Chapter 28- Callie

Jaxson's thoughts jump around from one direction to the next, a bit hard to follow, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Perhaps that should worry me, but it's so far down on my list of priorities that it relegates itself to tomorrow's problem.

I giggle. It could be the slight throb of my head or the surrealism of this moment, but I can't stop the laugh that demands to be let free. If this is determined to be my life, fine. I'll embrace it with open arms. From now on, I'm going to be the conductor of my own crazy train. Boarding now open.

Salacious thoughts have been swirling around in my mind since I realized that excitement and lust are two sides of the same coin when it comes to my feelings around these men.

"Isn't Pet a bit of a downgrade from Bambi?"

"I suppose it could be depending on your perspective," he starts as his arms once again encircle me. "Bambi was weak, prey, meant to be hunted down and mounted up on some hunter's wall as a trophy," he says. I'm distracted by his left-hand roaming. He's finally taken notice of my half-dressed state. Or maybe he's always been aware. He hasn't missed anything in the bunker, even when his attention was elsewhere. The fact that he didn't press his advantage earlier in my delirious panic, allows me to sink into his arms. Cupid's dirt covered shirt lies around at my feet, discarded and forgotten. "You were cute but still prey. Pet means ownership, protection," he says, cupping my chin as he turns it towards his pretty, pretty face. "A small spot of affection. All from yours truly," Jaxson says with that smirk of his I've come to crave.

Buried beneath the metallic, copper taste of his blood, blood I caused, bittersweet black tea and bright citrus, lemons specifically, explode on my tongue with the crash of Jaxson's lips against mine. His tongue invades me, consumes me, lashes my insides as I'm helpless to surrender. I want to, so I do. For once my surrender is given, not taken. It's freeing. Never thought I'd find that in Pretty Boy's arms, but stranger things have happened.

Next thing I know, Rave will be apologizing for his less than sunny self. Yeah, not likely.

His fingers trace over my stomach slowly, teasing me with their unknown path until they reach underneath the straps of my bra. He plucks one as he looks into my eyes with a hunger I've seen before, the same hunger I glimpsed in God on his bed and with D on the floor, the kind of hunger that could devour me if I let it.

"Say yes Pet," he urges as his lips kiss a twisted, bloody track from my mouth, to my ear where his words surround me in a lust fueled haze, down my neck where he surprises me with a sharp nip at the corner by my collarbone. The sting has heat pooling between my legs. Apparently, I'm not opposed to pain and pleasure mixing when Jaxson's the one behind it.

I've lost the question and so much more under his intense attention. Jaxson's an expert at doling out fear just as much as he is pleasure. At his current rate, he'll soon be an expert in me. He seems a quick study.

"Yes," I rush out, eager for more of whatever he'll give me. I want more of his mouth on me, more of his firm touch, more of him.

His lips pull back in a feral grin I can feel across my shoulders as he trails kisses over them. He unhooks my bra and peels it away before I've had time to notice his hand snake around my back.

"Delectable," he murmurs over my breasts as his lips trace the soft mounds. His warm breath stiffens my nipples into peaks his tongue laves over them, teasing. The action has me squirming in pleasure. If he keeps going like this, there's no way my knees will keep me up. They're already half way to jello and he seems more than capable of completing the task.

"Shall we move this to the floor? I'd offer my room, but I don't think either of us could wait that long."

Floor is good. I nod mutely as I don't think words are gonna be my strong suit for the foreseeable future. Nope, my brain is solidly mush. Or more goopy mush; mush by definition isn't solid. See, mush.