Chapter 67- Callie

The bathroom is no different than it was when I stepped in it this morning. It's me that's changed.

Jaxson, or Pretty Boy when he's like this, leans against the corner of the sink with his mask on and a blade in hand. Colt is tied to the faucet of the old school style tub and shower combo, water raining down on him from the shower head as he tries futilely to escape it. He's lucky it doesn't appear hot. It's what he deserves.

"How's the water Colton? Temperature to your liking?" Pretty Boy asks like Colt actually has a choice in the matter. It's small and petty of me, but this brings me such joy. Watching as Colt is forced to someone else's will, just like a little doll. It makes me laugh out loud. At his outraged glare, bouncing first to Pretty Boy before settling on me, I laugh harder. He holds now power over me, not with the guys around me. Not ever again.

Colt holds his tongue, unwilling to admit defeat. "You are too right. Much too cold. You like it a bit hotter, don't you? Some would call it burning, but not you," Pretty Boy waggles his finger at Colt. "Hotter coming right up," he reaches in to turn the shower to as hot as it'll go. I'm not sure how hot that'll be. The water heater is probably just as old as this cabin.

"Did you know that you can raise the maximum heat on a water heater? It's not suggested, for obvious reasons, but it is relatively easy to do with the right tools. And you just happened to keep those in your closet. Fortune truly smiles upon the bold."

The steam filling the room is starting to obscure my view, but I don't need to see to hear the screams coming from Colton's throat.

"Is this what she sounded like when you burned her? Did you stop then?" Colt's screams have turned to whimpers and broken pleas.

"Fine. I'll stop for now. Can't have you dying this easily. At least you're clean now. On the outside at least," he sighs.

A hand on my back, he escorts me back into the hall and takes off his mask. "I have some other things planned, but I wanted him to feel a fraction of the pain he put you through. What do you think, Pet?"

"I think you have a twisted way of showing it, but I adore you too Jaxson." I press a chaste kiss to his sweaty cheek and I swear he blushes. It could just be the heat.

"Hope you all heard that. I'm her favorite," he teases the others.

"Like shit," Dario hollers back. "Need I remind everyone I took a bullet for her."

"Because you didn't move out of the way the gun, dimwit. I swear if you milk this for extra time," Jaxson warns.

"Enough! Calista, could you come here for a moment?" God asks, patting gently at the empty space beside him.

"Looks like we made Daddy mad," Jaxson sniggers.

I muffle my giggle at the guy's antics, my face heating as they continue their bickering like siblings over a favorite toy. Walking towards God always feels like the principal's office. It's his stern face and his voice. It's got a direct line to my libido and she perks right up whenever he calls my name in that voice like gravel and honey.

"Baby girl," he starts and I instantly melt. While we might not have the same intimacy physically I've had with the others, even Rave before his betrayal, I still feel his affection for me in his words and his tone. Whenever, if ever, we collide, I just know it'll consume me entirely. God is not one I can just dip my toes in and test the waters. He loves wholly and utterly and I need to make sure I'm prepared for that. It's why he watches over me and the others, protecting me when they get to be too much, always my safe place and an ear of advice when I need it. The little hints and sprinkles at God's hidden nature from Jaxson have just been stoking the fire of my curiosity.