1

Beyoncé "BK" Pov

The streets of Houston ain't nothin' nice. Everybody knew each other so there was no unknown activity going down. Of course it's different sides of the hood that others didn't fuck wit. That still didn't stop everybody from acknowledging one another. More than likely, you'll know them from school. Out here, it's only one elementary, middle, and high school. So it ain't many places you could know somebody from.

It's only two sides you can be on, ain't no choice. Whatever side you was born into, is where you stuck. Switching could be yo call to death. When I say two sides, I mean them bloods or those crips. You can have yo own lil side gang or whatever, but over all, you either claiming that blood red or that royal blue. Ain't no up down or in between. If somebody ask where you reside, you ain't got long to respond. You better rep yo side wit confidence. Show any sign of pussy and you getting yo ass beat.

I ain't never been through that but shole have put some motherfuckas through it. See, I rep that bloody red. If you claiming red, you betta say that shit wit yo chest when you asked about it. I ain't the type to beat a nigga ass cause they wit the otha' side. Nine times outta ten, it ain't they fault. You can't chose where you wanna be at, once again, it's wherever you was born.

With it being only one school for each group, you ain't got no choice but to get along wit some people. Just because they wit the other side don't mean you gotta beef wit em. Now when it's war then that friendly shit dead. You get seen talking to the opp then you gon get yo shit rock. No matter how close you are to the person, if they ain't repping yo shit, leave em alone until everything cool.

If you was once beefing wit them other niggas, you bet not ever talk to nobody over there again. Once it's beef, it's always go be dat way. Our population big as hell so it's several people who ain't blinked an eye at the other side cause of previous dilemmas.

One thing ion like is that family shit. If you got some family on the other side, through war, you bet not talk to that family. Out here, yo side more important than anything. I hate that shit but it's the rules. I love my family but if they opposite, ion fuck wit em during war 'cause I ain't finna die over that bull.

This street shit ain't fair, but it's either yo life or loosing it to the streets. I refuse to loose my life over the streets. Imma make it outta this.

My Momma and Dad are kind of known around here. Not like that but people know their names. I'm not the only child, I have 2 brothers, both older; Brayden 21, and the other ; Daniel 20. I also have 2 little sisters; Solange 15 and Samara 12. I'm kind of the black sheep of them all. Not only do they label me as the middle child; 19, but I was also born different. Everybody thought I was a boy until puberty hit.

My boobs started to grow but not much, they're like little apples. That confused my parents but the doctors cleared it up and i'm fine. The only thing I hate is that although I dress like a nigga, dudes still try to holla at me. Like you want a girl that dress like you? But they ain't go want shit when they find out I stick the same thing they do.

I'm known around town as BK. The initials of my name, because Beyoncé is like a lil fragile female name. It make me seem all fruity and ion like dat. They need to seem intimidated when they hear my name so when they pair a face they know not to fuck wit me.

*

Onika "Princess" Pov

Houston gotta be the most ghetto spot ever. I love it here but some shit is uncalled for. Like these "sides" for example. I was born into the bloods so that's where I must stay. Everything is hard especially when your father is one of the top dogs of the hood. I can't do nothin' without somebody in my face asking if my Papa knows i'm doing it. If they ain't noticed by now, they can kiss my ass.