13

Onika Pov
Maraj Household

Two days. It's been two days since everyone up and left. Nobody has stopped by, neither have they contacted us. I'm really confused because there must be more to the story. I understand Ginger because she's being weird right now, but Dina is confusing me. She usually doesn't go a day without talking to me, but it's been two.

I've tried calling everyone at least once, but no ones answering. That much couldn't have happened in the little time I was asleep. Like I know I sleep hard, but they can get very loud.

There's something their not telling me and i'm gonna find out because this is crazy.

"Bryan can you take me by Beyoncé house please?" I asked. He was laying in my room watching Tv with me. Why not ask him?

If he says no, i'm putting him out.

"Mcht Princess....for what? Youn need to see her. It ain't like she wanna see you." he rolled his eyes. Sissy. What he mean I don't need to see her?

I scrunched up my face trying to put together what he'd just said. Only thing I can think of is her being mad because I broke us up. I hope she isn't mad about that because I had a good reason for our break. "Please B?" I pouted.

He huffed dramatically and rose from the bed. I could take myself if we weren't at war with the other side, but right now they're my only options.

I put on my shoes and followed him out of the room. "Where yall going?" Michael asked following us. "She wanna go see Beyoncé." Bryan shrugged at me.

Michael shook his head and hopped into the car. They're acting so weird. The ride there was quieter than usual. They always blast music when they're driving, what's so different today?

"Aw shit. Let's just gon' back home." Michael said as we pulled up. Gingers truck was outside of Beyoncé's house. That's weird. "No." I said. Ginger is the only person in this hood with orange rims on her tires, so I know it's her.

Bryan parked the car and I hopped out and knocked on the door. Two seconds later, Solange opened it with wide eyes. "Hey." she smiled stepping to the side.

When I walked in, my heart fell. Ginger laid with her head in Beyoncé's lap as she stroked her hair. What the fuck.

They didn't notice me standing there and Beyoncé said something that made the both of them laugh. Her eyes fell on me and she froze.

Ginger noticed her actions and looked my way. Her eyes widened and she sat up quickly.

"So this is why nobody's answering me? Everybody knew about this that's why they haven't......My brothers wouldn't even let me come by because they must've known. Ugh fuck nothing ever goes right for me." I said lowly before turning to leave. I don't even want to deal with this right now.

I really don't have to. We're not together.

When I got in the car, Bryan and Michael stared at me. I didn't say anything, just looked out of the window. "Yea we gon' beat her ass." Bryan said cranking the car.

My head turned towards him and he surrendered. I don't want anything to happen to her, I just don't want to mess with her anymore.

As before, the ride was quiet, but intense. Pulling up to our house, I stopped them before we got out.

"Yall knew? That they were messing around? Did y'all know?" I asked softly. The tears were burning the back of my eyes and I didn't want to cry.

I'm not sad because of Beyoncé, I'm sad because of my best friend.

"We ain't know they was messing around but shit was weird between them. They was way too close and sharing words that nobody else knew the meaning of. Something was obviously going on. Then Ginger start saying shit that was obviously towards you and Bey. I guess that made Beyoncé mad and she snatched Ginger into the corner. When they came back she was all smiles and shit. They ain't think we saw but me and Michael was in the kitchen while they was in the hall." Bryan explained.

Maybe it's more to the story. Ginger wouldn't do anything like that.....In plus, Dina hasn't said anything yet.

Speaking of her, she's texted my phone.

Dina: Onika I'm sorry about everything. I know you probably don't know what i'm talking about but you will eventually. Just know that I 100% have your back and will stick beside you. No matter what happens, you'll always have me. Don't let anything bring you down. I know you're working on yourself and I want to be by your side through it all. You'll always be my bestie, my baby! I love you Nika.

The message made me smile because Dina had always been like a big sister to me.

"Come on let's go in the house." Michael rubbed my shoulder.

I went straight to room and cried my little eyes out. Not only did I go through a lot with my family, but I knocked down my pride to apologize to her for my actions. I've never done that. Even though the apology was needed.

Ginger has definitely showed her true colors, and i'm not even surprised.

Maybe they talked before I came along, and I was just a burden. I mean they are in the same grade, same age even. They've had to have came across each other before.

That's not my focus anymore though. I'm supposed to be working on myself and that's what i'm gonna pay attention to. My health and sanity comes first. Any negativity will be blocked out of my life.

"Hey you alright?" Marcus walked into my room. I wiped my face and sat up a little. As soon as he sat beside me, the tears came.

"I-I don't know what I did. She was my best friend Marc what could I have done to make her do that? That's not fair. And Beyoncé...f-fuck her. I don't even care about her anymore she can trip over a box of rocks." I said seriously, crying.

Marcus found it funny, but I was deadass. Every time I cry, I have to say something like that, I don't know it just comes naturally.

He laughed and wiped the tears off of my face. I kind of chuckled because it was very random. "Youn need them sis. The same way it was just us, it can continue to be like that. They just extra, you extra on yo own. We gotchu for life, they was just for the moment. All that best friend shit, dead. Aint nomo of dat. When they come running back to you, turn the other way. Don't give them the time of yo day to explain because you saw for herself." Marcus spoke to me.

His words are gonna stick with me because he's right.

The only thing i'll have to look over is the best friend part. I want to hear what Dina has to say because she's never made me think twice. And for her to be the only to reach out and apologize, says a lot. Especially because she doesn't even know that I know about them yet.

"I hear you. Dinas the only one I really want to talk to." I said lowly. He nodded his head and pulled out his phone. I saw that he'd texted her to come by, with her brother of course. She replied almost immediately saying she was on her way. That's why I love her, she's always dependable.

Marcus kissed my forehead and walked out. Just as he closed the door, an incoming facetime call came through from Beyoncé.

I really just want to hear what she has to say, so I answered. Let's see if it's bull shit or not.

"Baby i'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you I promise. It's just that me and Ginger have a past a-and...I let her get to me, please don't leave me." Girl shut the hell up.

"I knew it. I knew y'all fucked around before me. Well it's good y'all got back in touch. But really Bey? Was it because I broke us up to work of myself? Was I wrong for that? Because if I was let me know. I am trynna work on me so I need to know when i'm wrong. My best friend though.....thats fucked up yo. Please don't contact me anymore. Enjoy your time." I hung up after.

When I said all negativity would be blocked out, I meant it. Meaning they'll be blocked from my phone also.

As soon as I try to do right, somethings wrong.
____

I DID NOT PROOF READ ! SO PLEASE DONT  HOLD ANY MISTAKES AGAINST ME🤣🤣🤣