25

Onika Pov

The last thing I want right now is to play games. Everybody in this house is pissing me off all the way. I know it's because my period is coming, and i'm sure they know it too. These boys are really doing the most, right along with their best friend, Beyoncé. She finally went home yesterday, but came right back this morning. Not that I want her to stay away, but I need her to chill some. Just a little bit.

I've been having a headache all morning, and I just want to lay down. They think it's cool to go out, because we have 3 more weeks left of summer.

They dragged me to the living room because they want to have a meeting. Whatever that's supposed to mean. My wig is lifting so I have this scarf on, I've yet to change out of my pajamas, because it's 10am. Why they chose to get up so early, I don't know. Because we've been up since 7am. They wanted to make breakfast, eat as a group, have tables talks. I just think it's so extra. When Momma was here we had no choice, but damn she's gone.

"Princess... act right before I hang you from the balcony." Michael groaned. I rolled my eyes and sat up all the way. Now he's doing too much, I don't have to sit up straight on the couch.

"Ok so look. Momma and Dad are both gone, which means we have to take matters into our own hands. We have to keep up with the house, watch out for each other and make sure we're all good, as siblings. Even though we already do that, it's like we have to double it, because of the absence of our parents. Alright, so i'm 21, and have been thinking about moving out. Marcus and I. We've found an apartment and have already decided that we wanted to move before the summer is over." Michael went on. My whole mood changed when he said something about moving out. He can't serious. They're supposed to stay here with me...

I can't believe this. It'll just be Bryan Anthony and I. Not too long after, Bryan's gonna be leaving me. I hate being the youngest, my heart hurts. They're my everything, so them leaving wouldn't feel right for me. "Why y'all trynna move when everything y'all need is right here?" I mugged. My sadness won't show right now, but it's definitely there.

"Onika we can't stay here forever. We have to grow up and live our lives. Staying with our parents won't get us nowhere." Marcus butt in. My head whipped to him, and he held sad eyes. I looked at Michael, and he looked the same way. Why do they look so much alike? "So y'all are serious?" I asked again. Something was telling me to make sure, but I knew they were serious.

"Yea Nic. We'll still visit everyday and stuff. It's just that we won't be liv- Nic don't walk off." Michael pleaded. Fuck them. I went in my room and laid down. What was the point of even waking me up? I didn't want to move in the first place. Could've left me sleep for that bullshit.

They knew not to come up here because I will pop off. Hearing that just made my headache worse. By far the worst news i've ever heard.

I ended up falling asleep, and waking up with a much more painful headache. This time it felt like someone was hitting me in my shit. That's just a sign to keep my black ass in the bed. And that's what imma do, cause that's how I am. What's better than sleep? Not a damn thing.

As soon as I started to drift off, my phone rang. Ignore. Called again, ignore. Whoever it was, was bold enough to call me AGAIN! I answered it without paying attention to the name. "What!? I keep declining for a reason. What is it!?" I yelled. It went quiet and I was about to hang up. That was until I heard Mommas voice.

"Now imma let that slide because you obviously didn't know who this was. Why you walk out on your brothers?" Momma asked.  I rolled my eyes and sat up in the bed. They always snitching on me, but let me do that to them. They'll act like the world is ending. "Momma I didn't want to sit there and listen." I said softly. The sadness is kicking in.

"Onika I know you...you don't like that their moving out, and that's okay. It's expected because you're the youngest and used to them being there all day everyday. But things have to change. I know you don't want to live with us forever, how you think we're gunna feel when you finally say you want to leave? They're grown now, they have the right to move on baby. You have to accept that. It's not like they're disappearing forever, nothing but some minutes away. Just be happy baby, you they'll never leave you for good."

"I know Momma. I'm happy for them but, I wasn't expecting it." I said lowly. She hummed in response and face timed me. Omg she loves face time.

"Look at you. In the bed sulking. Girl get up, they told me they were trynna go somewhere but you were locked in your room. Get up." she rolled her eyes. I got out of the bed and went downstairs. They were all sitting down, but in different clothes now. I know I wasn't sleep that long. "You up now?" Bryan smirked. I bucked at him and went back up the steps. Pussy.

"Ok Momma i'm about to get dressed so I can go....wherever they're trynna go I guess." We said our goodbyes and I changed. Nothing extra, just a sweatsuit because whatever it is we're doing, can't be too extra because they all have on sweats or something.

When I walked downstairs, they were standing by the door, going out once I made it down. They weren't waiting for me that long, so extra. Beyoncé came and tried to grip my hand. I moved it away and got into the car. That's how I know my period is coming, I don't want to be touched. "What's wrong?" she whispered getting in beside me. I shook my head and rested it on the window.

After an hour of driving, we pulled into a very familiar neighborhood. Our grandmas. I haven't talked to this lady in years because she thinks i'm a spoiled brat. Every time we would come over, she wouldn't let me get or do anything. She claimed it was because I got everything when I was with my parents. So when i'm not with them, my brothers should get the shine. Even though my parents treat us equally, I guess.

I don't know why they think it's okay to bring me over here. "Why am I here? Y'all drug me out of the house for this?" I mugged. They sighed and looked at each other.

The hell is going on?
*

Onika ????

Y'all .... don't fight me. I know I know I know. 🥹