20

"Give me a day or two, to think of something clever. To write myself a letter, to tell me what to do."

Beyoncé Pov
Maraj Household

I'm so confused. Onika locked herself in the room and won't let anybody in. I wondered if I did anything, but Dina told me she wasn't doing well. I've been giving her space, but it's not making sense at this point. We can hear her get up and the sounds of throwing up can be heard. I'm worried because something could really be wrong.

Michael tried beating on the door, but she yelled and said to go away. At least we know she's not dead. We could usually pick the lock, but she did something cause that shit not working. I'm about to try a knife, that better work, or imma bust that damn door down.

"Onika open the door!" I knocked twice. I heard moving around but it soon stopped. No open door. "Open it before I beat it down." I threatened. She made a loud groaning noise, and the knob jiggled. That was way too easy.

She looked like shit. I wouldn't dare tell her that, but her hair was everywhere. Bags sat under her eyes and she looked really pale. She got back in the bed and under the covers without saying anything.

I tried to lay beside her but she pushed me. Damn. "No." she mumbled. I sat there confused because she's never declined me like that. "What's going on?" I removed the cover from her body. The distance is very weird coming from her.

"Come on," I pulled her on my lap. "Talk to me."

She laid her head on my chest and rubbed my stomach, like she was going to sleep. I rubbed her backside and massaged her butt.

"I'm having nightmares.....about the rape. The other night it was one about my uncle. Last night it was about those boys. The only good thing from it is that I fall asleep on my own. But I always wake up in sweat and throwing up." she said lowly. I couldn't really do anything but be there for her. Nothing I say would change anything.

I squeezed her tightly and laid us down. She sniffled in my neck and held me. I rubbed my fingers through her hair and played in it.

"So this would be the wrong time to ask you to do my hair huh?" I joked, trying to make her laugh. When she's sad, it makes me feel really bad for some reason.

She chuckled and shook her head. I was just playing but she really got up to do my hair. I sat on the floor while she went to get everything, and she sat behind me on the bed. "Whatchu want me to do?" she asked, spraying something in my hair. I don't know much about hair products, so I didn't even say anything. With that being said, I don't know any styles. Normally i'll wear a ponytail or my hair out, so I shrugged my shoulders.

I felt her parting and then braiding. These braids low key hurt, but i'm not no pussy. When she finished, I got off the floor so fast. I looked in the mirror and these hoes was fye.
"I been thinking about getting an edge up. Like have them cut my edges. You know how Bryan hair is? Like that." I explained.

Bryan has a whole lotta hair, and all he get is an edge up and fade every week. That shit so clean dawg, I know i'll look sexy as fuck wit it. Really all of them got a lot of hair, and none of them cut it. Just fades. "No. Don't cut your hair at all." Onika frowned. I pouted and looked at her. I would ask why not but there's no point. She probably doesn't even have a reason, just doesn't want me to.

"Can you come eat something? You haven't been downstairs since the other day." I asked sitting beside her. She shook her head and walked to the door. "Ok get out." she gestured. I scrunched my face and blinked. Did she just say for me to get out? I walked out the door and she slammed it. Seconds later I heard throwing up. What the fuck?