16

"Think i'll miss you forever. Like the stars miss the sun in the morning sky. Laters better than ever, even if you're gone i'm gonna drive drive drive."

Onika Pov
Maraj Household- 2 Days later

"Princess Momma said cmere." Michael said before slamming my door. They know I hate when they do that dumb stuff. It's so unnecessary.

I went downstairs and she was sitting on the couch in front of the Tv. Law and Order was playing.

"Yes Momma?" I said flopping beside her on the couch.

She turned to me slowly, and just stared at me. Oh lord, she only does this before she's about to yell. "I have something really important to tell you. Don't freak out because you know everything happens for a reason right?" she rubbed my loose hair.

My face scrunched up and she chuckled. She's laughing but now i'm worried. One, she's being way too calm, and two, how do you tell someone not to freak out?

"Ok....what is it?" I shifted to face her completely. A heavy sigh left her and she pulled me into a hug. What the hell?

"So...the parents have to leave again. Like tomorrow night. There's so much going on, and we have to go to the area that the problems are being caused in. I promise we'll talk everyday." she said into my shoulder.

As much as I wanted to cause a scene, I didn't. They just got back barely even 24 hours ago and now they're leaving again. She didn't tell me how long, so that means it's gonna be awhile.

I hate this life.

"Momma y'all just got back though." I pouted. She kissed my forehead and stroked my hair.

Being away my from parents is something I really hate. I'm so used to being around them all the time, so when they start having to leave on these trips, it takes a toll on me. But, I have to get used to them whether I want to or not.

"I know baby. I don't know how long we have to be gone, but it's not just us leaving. All of the parents, meaning everyone in this house, their parents will be gone too. Now, while we're gone, I only want two things from you.......," I looked at her, showing that I was listening. Something in me already knows what she's gonna ask for.

"One, continue to work on yourself. Don't let anything get in the way of that. If you feel like something or someone is affecting your process, let it go. No matter who it is or what it is. If I hear that you're letting go of the promise you made yourself, I will get on your ass. You know I will. Now two..... I want you to work with Beyoncé. Try to build back what y'all used to have. The most i've seen you happy was with her, so don't let one situation mess up something so good. It doesn't have to be a relationship, but she's the only person I would love to see you with. Now I can't choose, but it's my opinion only. Don't push her away, let her try. I notice you ignoring her, or making her move away from you. Don't be like me...don't be petty." she chuckled.

Everyone says I get my ways from Momma, and she knows that. That's why she's always checking me before I even get to react the way I want to.

"I promise. When you come back i'll be a totally new person, emotionally of course. I promise to at least try and work with her. But I'll use every chance I have to make her remember what she did to me.. I can't not do that. But we should be good by time you come back." I spoke.

It's best to tell the full truth with Momma because if she finds out i'm doing opposite of what I told her, she'll beat my ass through the phone.

We shared a few more words, before she dismissed me.

I went back to room where Beyoncé laid across my bed. She's supposed to be here to discuss the hood games, not for me. The first game is tonight, so they have to work on things I guess.
Michael agreed to let me go, he must've known the parents were leaving already. Makes sense.

"What are you doin in here?" I asked scrunching my face. We hadn't spoke since she apologized to me, I wanted to keep it that way for a while.

Her head popped up, and she just looked at me. The side of her face was slightly red, Mama Tina had slapped her before she left because Bey was being rude towards her. Understandable.

We held a stare off before she jumped up and wrapped around me.

"Baby i'm sorry. Seriously. Please stop being mean to me." she cried into my shoulder. Wait.....she crying. My heart melted immediately. She's never really cried to me before.

I wrapped my arms around her, and she picked me up, securing my legs on her waist. She walked back to the bed, and laid me on my back, with her on my chest. "I'm sorry." her voice came out shaky. I nodded my head and pecked hers.

It's clear that we miss each other, and both are going crazy about it. I haven't slept much since then. Really haven't been sleeping since that night, but no one knows that. Benadryl is my best friend; literally. Sometimes a whole cap of melatonin will do it, but i'm not trynna be slumped all day.

I know they're gonna figure it out eventually, but at least i'm sleeping at night until then. They're gonna wonder why the two medicines are leaving so quickly, and knowing my brothers, they're gonna question each other like crazy. Then when they come to a conclusion that it's neither of them, they're going to bombard me because i'm the only one left.

I'm ready for it all though. All I ask is that they don't tell Momma and Papa.

"I'm sorry." she whispered in my neck again. I've accepted her apology, but I still haven't verbally told her that. "Stop saying it please. I accept your apology Beyoncé." I whispered back. Her her flew up from my words and she tried to kiss me.

I never said I forgave her like that. My head turned and she only kissed my cheek. Her face frowned into a pout and she whimpered. Now that I looked closely, she had bags and her eyes were red. We probably look like twins right now. Messy hair, tired faces, baggy clothes. I've been in the house for way too long.

"I forgive you but we're not together. We're better off as friends Bey. You see how quick our relationship got messed up when we confirmed our dating? Everything was easier when we were friends and I want to keep it that way. In plus, I broke up with you for a reason and that reason hasn't even passed yet. I'm still working on myself. It's not easy trying to change something about yourself when you're already used to certain things......Anyways, i'm saying that you should do you. Don't try and wait for me because who knows how things will be when i'm okay with who i've become." I said looking into her eyes.

The tears were threatening to fall from her eyes. I want to cry, but i'm not about to cry in front of her. She's seen me vulnerable too many times, and I see where that got me.

If things are meant to be for us, then we'll end up together in the end, if not, then it was never meant to be. True love is something I don't believe in, but it is what it is. We're still young and have a lot to discover. She was my first relationship, so i'm sure this is only the beginning.

I really just went through my first crazy break up. It's crazy because I never thought I would be able to go through that. At least it shows that i'm growing up, in my eyes.

"Wait....no. I don't want anybody else. I want you, only you. Please. I'll be by your side through it all. You know how we used to do? Talk to each other and work things out. Please." she cried harder.

Those tears won't change anything. If I wasn't trying to change myself, they would've made me fold the first time.

My next choice of words would probably hurt her so bad.....but I feel like it needs to be said.

"You should've thought about that before you fucked my best friend."
*

Something small....I promise to feed y'all real good tomorrow !!!!

Onika?

Beyoncé?