38

Onika Pov
Basketball game

"I don't know! What you been told! It's that white, that red! That red and white!" I called the cheer. Everyone followed along and caught the crowds attention.

They cheered on and started to chant. Basketball games are always the best part of the school year. Mainly because it's the end of the year and everyone wants to get crunk. I'm a senior so i'm more than ready to go. This school has put me through some shit. "GO ONIKA!" I heard a scream. I looked through the bleachers and saw Beyoncé.

Awww, it takes me back to when we first met. When she was yelling for me last year, but on the football field. I love her so much. We waved at each other and I blew a kiss to her. My baby!

The cheerleaders did our cheers and we sat down when the game started back. Josh was on the court, so Solange was cheering him on with his number on her face. They're just so in love, but they're very toxic...wonder where they get that from...

"You hungry?" I heard someone whisper in my ear. When I turned in my chair, Beyoncé was standing behind me. I smiled and hugged her neck. "I can't...coach isn't gonna let us get up." I whispered. Our coach is very strict. We can't eat game food because it isn't good for us. We can only have something to drink, but we can't just leave when we want to. It has to be as a group during halftime.

But I really want to get up...i'm tired of sitting on my phone. Obviously I don't actually watch the games, no one really does. Just here to cheer and see who wins. "Why?" She frowned. I shrugged and she walked off. No! I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"No don't go say anything. I'll have to do 50 burpees Bey." I whined. She pulled away and went up to the coach. Ughhh. I turned and hid my face as they talked. When I peeked up, Beyoncé was walking back with a smile, and coach gestured for me to get up. ??????

She grabbed my hand and I walked with her, looking back at everyone else sitting. Kayla got up and ran behind me. She's gonna get herself in trouble. "Kayla you're gonna get in trouble." I whispered harshly. She shrugged and latched on to arm.

"My bestie is going, so i'm going." She smiled. This girl is so innocent it's cute. Her boyfriend was here to watch her, and she was being really shy. He really likes her and I love that for her. She likes him back so that's even better. They're really cute together. It isn't like any normal relationship, they actually communicate and do things to understand each other more.

Something Bey and I need to catch up on. "What y'all want to eat?" Bey asked staring at the board. Looking like someone's dad. We looked at each other with frowns. She does this every time like we don't tell her we can't! At this point she's picking and trying to be funny. "Giselle! You know we can't eat anything." I groaned.

She frowned at me and scrunched her face as if she was confused. "Says who?" She looked down at us. I groaned and asked the lady for two gatorades. She gave them to me and I pulled out my money from the side of my cheer sock. That's where I keep it so I won't lose it on the court. It's happened before unfortunately.

After I paid I gave Kayla hers. "Why y'all can't eat? I know y'all hungry. Been practicing since this morning and now y'all on this court for hours. Man pick something to eat." I shook my head and drunk from my drink. She mushed my head hard and I stumbled. My drink fell and I glared at her. I swear she does the most.

"Ouu! You fucki-" I took a deep breath and went back to the rest of the cheerleaders. That just pissed me off. Now I want to go home. I'm so sad! I crossed my arms and watched the court, slumping in my chair.

Beyoncé and Kayla came through the doors, but I ignored them. Kayla should've been on my side and stormed off with me... traitor. Bey put another gatorade in my face and I ignored it. She needs to get out of my face. "Bro here!" She shook it. I pushed her hand and stayed looking forward.