24

Onika Pov

"Why won't you just be my girlfriennddd?" Beyoncé whined. She's been following me around all day. Ever since we shared that moment at the beach, she's been bugging me. It's been two weeks and she hasn't even went home. It was cute because she even took me on a few dates too. Gave me a promise ring and everything, how cute. I'll take the ring, but I won't take her. Of course I love her, with my whole heart. I just don't think it's time to date again.

I shook my head and opened the fridge. "Give me my ring back then." She smirked. I took it off and held it out to her, her whole face changed. "No, baby keep it. Don't ever take it off." She pouted. I rolled my eyes and put it back on. She's getting on my nerves. The fridge was damn near empty. Here I am the youngest and have to do oldest child things. I'll be damned.

"Michael and Marcus!!" I yelled from the kitchen. They came running like it was a shoot out; poor kids. "Go grocery shopping. Make a list and go. Y'all shouldn't even let the kitchen get like this. Y'all are so non dependent." I rolled my eyes. They looked at me like I was speaking some type of foreign language.

I swear ..... "I'm finna call momma and tell her y'all starving me." I pouted. We've been eating take out for the longest and i'm not about to get fat for them. They smacked their lips and started looking around for what we needed. I helped because why not?

"Where Bryan? He's never here, like ever. Only time we see him is... I can't even put a time on it because he pops up and leave." I realized. He's the only brother that I rarely see, and he's my favorite. We look the most alike, these other ones look like our black ass daddy. "He be with his girlfriend. You ain't met her?" Michael asked. I shook my head, and wrote some more items down.

The list was long because there really wasn't anything in there. I gave them my paper, and they left. Now i'm alone with Beyoncé, again. Anthony ran out the door with them because he heard keys jiggling, he's a runaway child. "Baby please be my girlfriend." She said normally. I shook my head and grabbed my car keys. I'm not about to sit and be harassed by her all day. Either she's coming or staying, but i'm not sitting in the house. It's almost 6pm, and i'm bored.

She didn't say anything and followed me outside. "You should play one of your raps. I've never heard one and everytime we get in the car, some one tells you to play them but you never do." She sad clicking on her seatbelt. I rolled my eyes and went to the playlist that held the raps I recorded. I gave her the phone and let her pick. Some of them were really explicit, but I recorded those when it was only Ginger and Dina there with me. My brothers would kill me, then tell my parents why they killed me, and they would agree.

As expected, she clicked one of the nastiest ones. I tried to snatch the phone, but she pulled away. "No Bey! Change it!" I tried to talk over the radio. She laughed like it was funny and turned it up. Omg.

Her eyes widened at the part I was cringing to hear. Oh my. I hadn't even drove off yet because of this. "Yooo. You nasty. That's some freaky shit." she chuckled, changing the song. It was a decent one, so I finally drove off. She's never gonna let that go. I'm never having sex with her now.

I didn't know where we were going, so I drove to this spot that I loved when I was younger. There were times when I was tired of being trapped in the house, so I would sneak out the house and go to this lake. The doc was so beautiful and you could see the area from there. Just the sounds of the water moving was so peaceful. I have to admit, my fear of water is because of this.

When I was eight, was my first time discovering the area, and before then I was scared of water but not as much. Anyways, I went there, and it was me and some other kid. He said his parents never paid him any mind and he just wanted closure. We sat and talked for hours about kid things... I mean I was eight so. He was 12 and had bigger problems than me, but I always listened. Every time I went to the lake, he was there. But, there was one night I went, and he jumped in. The water was deep, but not really deep. Deep enough for him to drown. Before he did it, he told me that he loved me as a friend and to never forget him. He was tired of life and being treated like he didn't exist.