37

Onika Pov

"Dont...touch it." I whined. Beyoncé keeps messing with the cut on my face. It's deeper than I thought it was, so it's really ugly. Her and Momma keep calling it my rebel scar. Annoying. "Bestiieeee!" I heard Kayla. She came into my room and flopped on the bed. We were supposed to be studying, but she's super late.

When we plan to study, we actually do. Because why not? She pulled out her books and I grabbed mine from the dresser. "Y'all some nerds yo. Who the fuck study?" Bey laughed. I glared at her and went back to my book. What we're doing isn't hard, we just have final tests tomorrow.

An hour later we were done going over every concept. It was math so that was fast. We sat on my bed, talking about whatever.

"So...how does it feel to be back at school? Like a regular student." Kayla chuckled. I smiled small and shrugged. School isn't really much, so it's nothing different. I actually like school. "It's great I guess. Cheer is really fun now that i'm a senior. How are you liking cheer?" I asked. She shrugged and sighed. Kayla is a good cheerleader, we're the captains. It's just that she isn't good under pressure. So imagine having to teach several girls a cheer and they don't get it. That's when I come in.

I guess I show more authority. "I really like it, it's fun. You know it's just hard to teach everyone. But I'm glad I have you or I would be shit." She chuckled.

"Ouu guess what bestie!?" She got excited. I raised my eyebrows and she looked at me crazy. Oh she really wants me to guess. "Ummm. I don't know. You got a new friend?" I said confusingly. Her face fell and she slumped. "No....well yea. But this friend wants to be more than friends. And he's really cute." I smiled at that. Kayla has dudes coming to her all the time, but she's never interested. For her to finally say she likes someone is new.

Yea the dudes can be cute sometimes, but their demeanor runs her away too. She looks at more than looks. But me? You can't be ugly. We're like total opposites sometimes. "Oh really? Let me see!" I gasped. She paused and grabbed her phone, but looked at me hesitantly. "Nika don't say he's ugly...you always do that." She said lowly. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

Well if he's ugly...he's ugly. "Ok...I won't say he's ugly. I won't even make a face." I shrugged. She opened the phone and typed a name into instagram, showing me the dude. He wasn't ugly, he was actually cute. A brown-skin with curly hair. Defiantly her type.

I nodded my head and she smiled at me. "Is he cute?" She cheered. I watched as she swiped through his pictures, clicking on different ones. "Yep...you did good with this one." I high fived her. She clapped and a text came through. "He just texted me! Let me show you our messages bestie." She scrolled. I read them and was really shocked. This girl is very...straight forward. No holding back I see.

"He just so fine Nika. Like... girl. Boy could definitely beat my doonies whenever he's ready." She said seriously. I laughed and nudged her shoulder. Kayla isn't as innocent, but she is. Like she isn't a virgin, but she's only had sex once.

"Well...get you some then." I chuckled. She was texting him back and forth before looking up at me. I shook my head and she stood from the bed, grabbing her stuff. "I'm finna get my doonies beat!" She yelled.

I looked at her surprised as she ran out the room. Oh my gosh. Beyoncé raised her head slowly with scrunched eyebrows and I just just shrugged. She'll tell me about it later, she always does.

"That's a crazy ass girl." Bey laughed. I nodded my head and picked up my phone. Kayla texted me:

KaylaPooh: I'm at his house bestie! We're gonna Netflix and Chill. Whatever that means. 🤷🏾‍♀️