12 | Fire

A/N: this chapter is only from BNHA season 2 episode 11, enjoy :)

---

"1st match of quarterfinal. Both of them performed really well in this sports festival.

Midoriya!

VERSUS

Todoroki!

One can even say that we have two champions on the arena now." Present Mic announced.

Both Midoriya and Todoroki were in the arena for the first quarterfinal match.

"Now. Start!" Present Mic finished.

Todoroki immediately attacked him by using his ice but got destroyed easily. Todoroki felt himself being knocked back but could easily overtake it by ice barrier behind him. Midoriya had 1 broken finger now.

And again, Todoroki attacked him again using his ice, got destroyed immediately. Midoriya had another broken finger.

Another again, Todoroki attacked him using his ice but got destroyed. Midoriya had another broken finger.

Sigh... Again, Todoroki attacked him using his ice and got destroyed in result. Midoriya had another broken finger, resulted 1 good finger on right hand and 3 good fingers on left hand.

Finally, Todoroki decided to fight close range. He sprinted towards him. Midoriya destroyed his ice created just now and there he was, in the middle of air and ambushed him from up. Midoriya quickly dodged it.

Todoroki decided to trap him using his ice in the middle of air. Midoriya's foot got freezed and stucked, decided to sacrifice his left arm to escape from being close.

Todoroki was being knocked back but had ice barrier behind him. He felt frustrated as he just wanted to end this quick.

"My, my. You already wrecked your body even though you only played defensively," Todoroki as he stood up and exhaled cold breath.

Midoriya had noticed his right arm trembled.

"Forgive me, but I must thank you, Midoriya. Thanks to you, he's sulking even more now," Todoroki continued.

He knew that he had to save his left side for later, for Ice later. He couldn't use it right now even though he already felt little motivated by using his left arm. He already told almost all of his classmate that he despised using his left side. He shouldn't waste his time.

"It seems like you can't use your hands anymore. Time to end this," he processed to attack Midoriya using his ice without hesitation.

Even Midoriya's left arm and right hand completely, he still could destroy it. Todoroki knocked back again, so close to be out of the arena as his ice barrier saved him in last minute. Midoriya used his broken finger to destroy it.

"You... used your broken finger. Why put yourseld through this?" Todoroki stood up.

"You're shaking, Todoroki" Midorita decided to break it, made Todoroki startled by it a little bit.

"After all, your quirk is also part of your body. Your body can do so much if you keeping using your ice attack. But you can simply use the power of flane on your left side to solve this issue," Midoriya continued. Todoroki clicked his tongue at it.

"Yeah, I can use it right now, but not for this. I have to save it for later and you should be glad I don't want to burn you alive," Todoroki though as he glared at him.

"Everyone takes this seriously and wants to win. We're all trying to reach our goal, to be the champion. And you plan to win with half of your power. You barely tickle me," snapped, Midoriya had snapped.