Chapter VI: Infant Girl, Standing on the Earth (Bed).

It's been some time since then again.

 I was finally recovering from the shock of my being born as a female.

-What a woman. It's just that her breasts have swelled up a bit and the concavity and convexity have reversed.

I half-heartedly convinced myself of this and decided to return to my training days.

 I worked on my muscular strength by jerking my arms and legs, and before I went to sleep, I practised manipulating my magical powers.

 As for my magical powers, I still haven't responded to them, but Maxwell had warned me that 'it doesn't happen overnight'.

In the first place, even at this stage, I am far ahead of my previous life, when I could not sense any magic at all.

'Uhhh~, duh~'

'Oh God, Nicole, you're so hard eyed today. If you don't get some sleep soon, I'm going to get sleepy.'

Night fell and on my bed I was practising my pre-sleep magical manipulation.

 I had a feeling that this day was going to go somewhat well, so I put a little extra effort into it.

 But Maria thought I just couldn't sleep and started to taunt me.

'Right. I need to get some sleep too, otherwise I'm going to be in a lot of trouble."

'Oh, dear. Nicole's watching you."

''This much is fine with you, isn't it?''

While carrying Maria sideways on the double-sized bed by the cot, Lyell was making such amicable comments.

 You guys are going to do what you're going to do when we go to bed, aren't you?

 If this happens, I won't go to bed first if I have to. Death to the couple, no mercy.

I made up my mind to do so - and the next thing I knew, it was morning.

 It was then that I realized that a baby's body can't even manage to stay up late at night.

Maria was a missionary in a frontier church before I died.

 The three countries that were utterly destroyed by the evil dragon Colchis were no longer a nation.

 So they wanted to merge these three countries into one and have the five of us, excluding Maxwell, rule it.

Of course, none of us cared about power.

 Fortunately, in one of the three countries, a boy from the king's bloodline was found to be alive, so they pushed him to become king, with the surviving nobles as their assistants, and left the rebuilding of the state in the lurch.

But even we are not so heartless as to feign irrelevance.

 If they offered to help us, we would have rushed in immediately to lend a helping hand.

 Maxwell is not here because he has his own country of elves, but even so, the five of us can handle most situations.

 In the first place, there isn't a situation that can't be solved by mentioning our name.

 The inspection of the orphanage that caused my death was one of the jobs that came about because of this.

But not now.

 The heroes are almost decimated by my death, Cortina leaving the land and Maria giving birth.

 But the boy king, who was not even a year old, had barely rebuilt the country in the meantime, and Lyell and Maria could retire without a care in the world.

 Now they are enjoying an ordinary life of retirement. They don't even know I care.

 --I'm not going to let them get away with it, I'm not going to let them get away with it. If you don't stand up now, when will you stand up?

 I was now desperately clinging to the crib fence, trying to stand up with my legs shaking and cracking.

 It was the result of Spartan exercise, even crawling was skipped.

Even Maria doesn't keep an eye on me at all hours.

 Right now, she is out shopping for food.

 Of course, I couldn't have anything happen to me in the meantime, so I hired a servant to reduce the burden of childcare.

 She is an elf girl of about fifteen years of age, and she is so beautiful that it is strange for her to be a servant in such a remote place.

 When Maria has to take her eyes off me, she's devoted to taking care of me.

 But even that girlfriend is now washing diapers, and I am on my own.

 It's not a very praiseworthy babysitting situation, but I'm grateful for it.

 I want to be able to walk while no one can see me.

'Ahhhhh, noooooo!'

 With a flash of energy, I stand on my feet and stand upright.

 Already, almost a year has passed since I was born into this world. I'm crawling so far, and I can't stand up yet, which is somewhat slower than a normal baby.

 Although I have been training my muscles from a much earlier stage than normal babies, I am just not worthy of it.

That's partly because I'm an extremely picky eater.

 I have stubbornly refused Maria's milk since I was born, so my body is very weak and my growth is somewhat slow.

 Thanks to this, I had frequent bouts of fever, which worried my parents.

 I don't care about that bastard Lyell, but it hurts my heart that I made Maria worry.

My health is finally getting better, and I have decided to employ servants, partly because I feel that I can leave it to others.

 In any case, there is no doubt that this is one of the few times when I am not in the public eye.

 I staggered upright, but I raised my short arms and let out a yell of joy!

"Yes!"

 But this was only my first step. Literally.

 From here I have a whole range of missions waiting for me.

 First, I need to head to Maria's private chambers, read through her grimoires and bibles, and accumulate magical studies.

Six months after sensing magic, I still haven't succeeded in manipulating it.

 There may be a mistake in my training methods.

 There may also be a problem with my magical aptitude.

 I had to know how to find out.

 I walked along the edge of the crib and started practising to hold on.