Chapter XIX - Study abroad in Raum.

They both frown as they turn away from their meals.

 It's hard to come up with good ideas, I guess.

 I'm the one who's involved, but this is no time to pretend to be someone else.

''Yes, that's right. I think I'll just send them out of the country.

"'Out of the country'?"

'Yes. Fortunately, let's just say, Nicole has a talent for interventionist magic, doesn't she? And we have some of the best people we know when it comes to teaching witchcraft."

''Maxwell and Cortina?''

''Yes.''

But it also means that Nicole will have to leave us.

 Maxwell is a heavyweight in the elven lands surrounded by great forests in the west of the continent.

 Moreover, he runs a magic academy there.

 It is indeed the place for the best magical education in the world, but it is a long way from this land.

 Lyell, who has a mansion here and is solely responsible for the security of the village, cannot simply leave for his own reasons.

 And it is the same for Maria.

'Besides, we have to confirm his intentions.

'Right. How's Nicole? Would you like to go to Maxwell's to learn magic?"

' That's ......."

 As for me, being able to use magic is one of my ideals.

 My first ambition is to be a swordsman and my second is to be a magical swordsman.

 Unfortunately, with my body, it seems difficult to become a first-class swordsman. However, if I can compensate for my ineffectiveness with magic, it would not be a dream to rise to prominence as a swordsman.

 And the pinnacle of magic is Maxwell's, where Cortina is a lecturer.

 Cortina is a first-rate magician and a half, but her speed of thought and the breadth of her application of magic is unparalleled.

 And Maxwell is, as they say, the world's greatest magician.

 Many magicians would be willing to pay any amount of money to study under these two.

 And I have the connections to make that possible.

 But I can't give an immediate answer.

 I am definitely a five-year-old now. If I made the decision to leave my parents on the spot, I would inevitably be looked at suspiciously.

''Hmm?"

 Therefore, I tilted my head as if I didn't know and showed my distress.

 The first time I saw this, Lyell ran up to me at blinding speed and rubbed his bearded cheek against me.

Gee!"

'Oh, I still can't imagine giving Nicole away! Daddy will always protect you!"

'It's not fair just to you, is it?'

 Maria also hugs me from the other side.

 Maria, however, is not so much a fan of Lyell's cheek rubs, which I can only describe as uncanny.

 I unintentionally stiffened my body and got goosebumps.

'Ha-nase!'

'Ha ha, no!'

'Fnuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?'

 I tried with all my might to push Lyell back, but his basic physical strength is truly that of a dragon and a baby.

 I was not able to resist and was rubbed on the cheeks to my heart's content.

'Already! Let's go! To Maxwell's!'

''What? Why?''

"'Look, you're being reckless and Nicole's getting upset."

"It's my fault!"

 Thus, it was decided that I would go to Maxwell to train in witchcraft.

 However, to enter Raum, you have to be at least seven years old. Two more years are needed.

 Lyell must have seen that he could surpass the royal demands by that much.

 But even if my training is decided, Michelle has her own reasons.

 So I visited Michelle the next day and asked her if she wanted to join me in my training.

 As for her parents, Lyell and Maria are trying to persuade them.

 And it's my role to persuade her. Right now, I'm in Michelle's room, opposite her, working on persuasion.

'Right? Would you like to go with me to the Kingdom of Raum?"

'Raum is the land of the elves, right? Are you going there, Nicole?"

'Yeah. I'm going to study witchcraft."

 Of course, there's no way I could study abroad on my own. Finia is supposed to come with me as a guardian, just in case.

 The academy in Raum also had facilities for training adventurers. She could learn the basics of marksmanship there.

 She, too, is a talent for whom not much good is likely to happen if she stays in this country.

'But my mum and dad can't come with me. ......

'There are dormitories in Raum. You can live there with me and Finia.'

'Hmmm, but ......'

 After all, this is a legitimate five-year-old's reaction. Michelle showed considerable reluctance.

 But even for me, I can't back out of this. It's almost a done deal that I'm going to study abroad. And it is quite possible that she will be drafted when I return from my study abroad.

 She is my first friend in this life. I want to avoid such a worst-case scenario at all costs.

'But ......, but also ......'

Michelle is unable to make a decision and gradually becomes teary-eyed. She has a very feeble side, despite her combat-related gifts.

 As long as she has this personality, she is only worried about going into real combat.

'Take over, Michelle.'

 Then a thick male voice interrupted.

 It was Michelle's father, peering out of the entrance to the nursery.

'Yes, but ......'

'Are you all right? She's on her own."

'Mm. 'I was strongly requested by Mr Lyell regarding Michelle's study abroad. And as it is too much for the child to do alone, we are going with her.'

"Really?''

 Michelle's face breaks out in a flash, but it must be a very drastic decision financially.

 Perhaps noticing my concern, her father turns to me and shows me a smirk.

'I'm going to receive financial support from Mr Lyell. I'm going to take care of you too.'

'Mr Franco is a hunter, so he can live off the forest'.

 Michelle's father, Maria, looks up from behind Franco and adds.

 Come to think of it, he would have made a living from hunting. In an elven country surrounded by forests, he would be able to use his skills to the full.

 The fact that she will be able to travel with her parents makes Michelle happy at once.

 Of course, she would not be able to leave immediately. It would take her two years to learn the basics.

 Nevertheless, it made no difference that she had chosen her future of her own volition.