Chapter 28: Her decision.

While I was being treated by Finia, the adventurers returned.

 They see the bodies of Vulture and the others scattered there and look astonished.

'What's happened!

'Oh, Mr Leon! It's been a big day, Vulture, right after you guys went to exterminate the blob!"

'Excuse me!'

 He is even more surprised, but finally raises a question mark when he learns that the vulture has already been defeated.

'Who took it down?'

'It's more about the treatment! Nicole, right, are you okay?"

Yeah."

 The adventurer called Leon seemed to be in the position of leader in this group, but a female adventurer runs up to me to control him.

 Meanwhile, the merchant was still talking excitedly about the battle that had just taken place.

'Temur-san, calm down a little. Ellen, how is she?'

 I appease the merchant called Temur for a moment and ask the female adventurer called Ellen about my condition.

 She looks at my scars and Finia's first aid kit and nods.

'Yeah, the wounds aren't deep. The first aid is perfect. This won't leave any scars.'

'Good then, I'm glad. Nicole, did you fight them off?"

"'Nah, guys."

 It's true that I fought with an arrow in my quiver, but so did Finia. Besides, it was Michelle-chan who took down two birds.

 I would never have been able to defeat them with my own strength, reincarnated in an impotent body.

"'I only beat one of them',

'If anything, just taking down one bird at your age is a big deal.'

 Vultures themselves are not strong monsters.

 It is often hunted by novice adventurers for its meat and feathers.

 But only if they are physically robust adventurers.

 For a child like me, who is not as physically fit as I am, to defeat a monster is quite an accomplishment.

"Can you tell me how you did it?"

'Hmm, that's from Michelle. I'm caught. ......"

'That's right! Nicole-sama is injured and needs to rest."

'Oh, right. I'm sorry, I wasn't considerate enough.'

 Finia's words were quite harsh, but for my part I was honestly grateful.

 My right wrist was throbbing because I had pushed and slashed the katana by forcefully supporting it when I took down the first vulture.

 And when I was hoisted up by the second enemy, I also held the yarn I used to tether it to the wagon with my right hand.

 Now my right hand was on the verge of breaking under the influence of a considerable strain.

 The full body impact of the fall was also hard to miss.

''Master Nicole, this way, please.''

 Finia made room for me in the top of the carriage by putting up an impulse.

 Me and an adventurer called Ellen enter there together, take off our clothes and examine us all over.

 The carriage could be covered to protect it from the wind and rain, and a threshold separating parts of it could be erected to block the line of sight.

 This kind of mechanism is essential when travelling with women.

'Ugh, your right hand is in tatters. What did you do ......?"

'Hey, I chained Vulture to the wagon. I also caught the assault.

You're being reckless,...... and we're sorry we let you out of our sight,...... but we're sorry, aren't we?"

'Fine. The blob would have had to be taken down eventually. And Vulture wouldn't have attacked us because of the adventurers."

'It doesn't mean you were safe if you kept an eye on them. You should have gone with me to the blob.'

It's a no-brainer."

 You never know what can happen when you bring an amateur into a battlefield with you.

 Leon's decision to go ahead without us at that time was not a mistake.

 If anything, it's a question of whether he should have left one of us behind.

'Oh, I'm sorry for the bruises on Nicole-sama's body ......, I just wasn't strong enough.'

'Finia had done enough. She saved my life too, so don't be sorry.

 I only had two birds because she took care of one.

 If one more had come here, I would not have been able to support the front line.

 In the first place, Finia should be praised for fighting Vulture, even though she only knows a little self-defence.

''I was able to fight because Finia took on one of the wings. Thank you."

'Oh, no. ......'

 Finia's eyes well up with emotion. It's a little amusing to watch those long ears droop like they've atrophied.

 I end up touching that drooping ear. With my left arm, which is covered with a poultice and wrapped in bandages.

 Finia squeezes my hand and suddenly says something outrageous.

'I have decided! I will learn to fight too!"

"Huh?"

 Finia's declaration, which came out of nowhere, caused me to raise my voice in an unintentional frenzy.