Chapter 35: The identity of sound.

◇◆◆◆◆

 Retina was certainly buoyant.

 Her long-cherished dream of a magic academy. She had passed the magic test, which was one of the entrance examinations for the academy.

 That's why she walked around town with buoyant steps - and found herself separated from her mother.

''Hey, where am I?''

 The next thing she knows, her mother is already gone.

 He wanders further into the city in search of her, and wanders into an alleyway with no pedestrians.

 This royal city is called the city of elves, but it is not much different from other cities, except that the proportion of elves is higher than in other towns.

 The empty alleys did not change the child's fear.

'Mother? Where are you?"

 Half in tears, she wanders down the alleyway.

 Born into a family involved in national politics among the Elves, she has been educated as a gifted woman since before she can remember.

 The fruits of his labour have borne fruit, and it is undeniable that he has been soaring.

 If, as a result of her exuberance, the young girl became separated from her mother, it is not to be blamed.

'As it is - mamma!'

 Finally, a presence called out to her as she began to cry.

 There was a man there who reeked of alcohol and looked ruffled.

'What's the matter, sweetheart? You're ruining your pretty face if you cry so much'.

"'Hi!"

 Overtly stinky behaviour.

 Retina wanted to flee the scene immediately, but her legs were cowering and she couldn't take a step.

''We've already got the shipment, but it wouldn't hurt to get one more, would it ''?''

 Saying this, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a dirty leather bag, from which he removes an even dirtier piece of cloth.

 The pungent smell wafting from it made her finally start to move as if the spell had been broken.

 But one step earlier, a man pounced on her.

 The cloth he took out was pressed against her mouth, and the pungent smell made her nauseous.

 She struggles to scream, but her whole body rapidly loses strength and she is unable to do so.

 Before long, unable to even stay conscious, Retina sank into the darkness.

'Now, did we have a spare 'coffin'?'

 The man wrapped her in his cloak and disappeared into the alleyway.

  ◇◆◆◆◆

 I followed the wagon that was carrying the timber and came up to the gate.

 The wagon carrying the timber came straight to an unpopular lumberyard and stopped.

 But something was wrong.

 The timber should have been immediately removed from the wagon, but no one rushed to the wagon.

 The timber is much thicker than what is normally used. It's not that they don't use that kind of timber.

 They are sometimes used to make wooden statues, not to mention large mansions.