Chapter 40 - The Rigid Bow

The wound on the left arm itself is not significant.

 However, because the bleeding has not stopped, the body is rapidly becoming exhausted and the body temperature is dropping.

 The darkness in front of me gradually eroded the corners of my vision, restricting my movements.

 It also affected my receiving movements.

 The inability to use my left hand is hindering my receiving movement.

 Because I cannot support the blade with my hand on the peak, I cannot take the action of receiving the enemy's attack.

 And even if I do try to parry, the tip is bent in an L-shape, so if I'm not careful, my sword could be taken away.

 As a result, I had no choice but to concentrate on evasion.

 The large movement drains my strength and I finally fall to my knees on the spot.

'Kehoh, huh - cohoh ......'

 Kneeling in front of the enemy is tantamount to suicide. But my strength had already reached its limit.

 The man also smiles at this situation and raises his voice in mockery.

'What's the matter, have you reached your limit already? Hey, I'm sure they'll treat you well where you're sold!"

'Geez, f**k you, don't ......'

'The slavers also employ healers. 'The slavers also employ healers, so we should break off a limb or two so they can't escape. Oh, never mind, they'll put you back together without a scratch."

''Kuso ...... oh!''

 Gnashing his teeth in humiliation, he readies his hangkiri machete tsurikirinata with trembling hands.

 It was then that I was quicker to sense the shudder behind me.

 This must be a difference in combat experience. After a moment's delay, the man in front of me also notices.

 The man's eyes widen, and without even looking back, I could sense the looming threat.

 I quickly step to the side and duck down. In contrast, the man sits back and raises his shield.

 That difference in defensive action was the difference between life and death for us.

 No, I would have been safe because the arrow was on a course that would not have hit me in the first place.

 But the man was not.

 The steel arrow roared and blew through like a gust of wind.

 The pressure of the wind blew me away and I rolled around on the ground in a hapless manner.

 I barely held the comatose girl in my arms and protected myself, which was a good job for me.

 But the man was different.

 He held up his shield and took the fight head-on. Perhaps it was this defence, ingrained over the years, that cost him his life.

 The steel arrow tore through the shield as easily as paper and penetrated the man's body beyond it.

'- Huh?'

 A man with a large hole in his stomach made such a dumb sound when he saw his situation.

 Then, unable to support his own weight, he was crushed vertically and then ripped in two.

 I looked back at Michelle-chan to make sure the girl with her head still in her hands was safe.

 She was standing there, stunned by the storm of destruction she had caused.