Chapter 54 - Let's go and see the academy.

There was more than a week to spare between the abduction incident and the academy's entrance ceremony.

 During that time, I was dragged around by Retina and Michelle-chan, who I had met and who were unwilling to keep me busy.

 I had visited Raum before I was born, so I had a basic knowledge of the geography, but the sense of land surveying from a child's perspective is a fresh sensation.

 Running around the land of Raum in this way, as might be expected, I began to get to know more and more people.

'Morning, Nicole! Are you being taken around by Yowie's rampaging horses again today?"

'Good morning, Mr Wesson.'

 I stopped and greeted the baker's father who approached me.

 It is known that I am staying with Cortina, and the bakery is also used by Finia.

 To be disrespectful to such a person would be an inconvenience for the next few years.

 That's why I try to be as polite as possible to people in town.

 This has earned him a reputation in a strange way.

She is the daughter of Lyell and Maria, who started staying with Cortina, and has a reputation as a polite and quiet girl.

 Her neat, ladylike appearance and the unusual appearance of her different-coloured eyes also seem to have played a role.

 She is a very conspicuous girl, running around town in shorts and active clothes.

Hey, Mr Wesson! What do you mean, I'm a runaway?

What? Didn't you know?

No!

Despite being from a marquise family, Retina was quite frank.

Originally not a nobleman who settled in this royal capital, she was an influential person with land in the countryside, so when she first came to the city, she apparently got lost in the back streets and got involved in an incident.

 In the past few days, she has been running around the town a lot and has already become a well-known figure in the town because of her mischievous behaviour.

 Thanks to this, the people of the town are quickly getting used to her, and her mother, Elisa, feels safe enough to let her out to play.

 The eyes of the town are the best surveillance device.

 Besides, this trust is probably due to the presence of me and Michelle, a friend who is not too old for her age and has a lot of ability.

 I still have the same ...... poor body, though.

'Uncle, please donut!'

'Michelle-chan eats as well as ever. ......

 Michelle-chan takes some coins out of her pocket money and promptly buys and eats, while the old man at the bakery wraps up the doughnuts with a look of dismay on his face.

 Maybe her good growth comes from this appetite, I don't know. I can't imitate her.

'Michelle, look, if you don't get there quickly, the reception will start!'

' Oh, yeah. ...... mooch .......'

' 'Come on, come on, come on !'

Michelle chan was pulled away with a doughnut in her mouth. I bowed to Wesson too, then hurried after her.

 It's no wonder Retina is more excited than ever, today is an open day at the academy.

 Especially on this day, before the entrance ceremony, all the new students come to see the school.

 As it was early in the morning, not many other visitors could be seen yet.

Other than visitors, there was a smattering of pupils coming to school.

 Michelle-chan is planning to enrol in a parallel adventurer support academy, so she doesn't have much connection with this academy of magic.

 However, due to its location, they share a common sports field and a common magic training area, so they will probably have many opportunities to see each other.

 The greatest value of this academy of magic is its large library, which is said to be the largest in the world.

 The chancellor is Maxwell. He is the best magic user in the world.

 There's no reason why students can't come here.

 But I don't come to the school for research.

 I'm here for the existing magic.

 Transformation Polymorph magic. It's a very high level of interference magic.

 It would take me more than a few years to get there, if I were to train alone.

 But if I ask the excellent teachers Maxwell and Cortina to teach me, that period can be greatly reduced.

 It would be a shortcut to my goal of 'returning to my original body'.

 Cortina was already at work in preparation for today.

 Finia is too busy cleaning and washing clothes to leave the house.

 So she came to the school with just the children. The proximity of the school to the house was one of the reasons why permission was granted.

''Woohoo, .......''

'It's a big tower.'

Looking up at the spire, which is even taller than it was seventeen years ago, Michelle and Retina shouted in disbelief.

 The height of the spire already exceeds the keep of the royal castle.

''It's even called the second royal castle of Raum''

'Wow, you know a lot about it, Nicole chan.'

'Yeah? Uh, yeah. You know, from Maxwell?

I' ve been going in and out of Maxwell's mansion from time to time in order to learn magic in advance.

So, this kind of excuse should also be valid. Probably.

 I take a step or two backwards, looking almost straight up, trying to get the huge spire in view.

 Then, with a thud, I bump into someone.

 I bounce back and roll on the ground. It is an ingrained reaction that rolling over is quicker to get up than staying down.

 I rolled over and looked back to see one tall kid standing there.

 The large child took one look at me and grimly made a gesture to his chest.

''What is it, you? What is a commoner doing here at the Academy of Witchcraft and Wizardry ?''

'Well, I'm sorry?

At any rate, the trouble will be a nuisance for Cortina.

So I decided to apologize for the time being. I don't want to be involved in this kind of aristocratic kind, if possible.

I got up, bowed and tried to quickly leave the place.

 But the kid didn't let that stop him.

'Wait, commoner. You bumped into me, and you think you can get away with just one word?

'What?'

'You have the attitude to make an apology, don't you? My father used to make people get down on their knees.

''Hey, .......''

 What's that? Kneeling down for the citizens? I didn't know such aristocrats still existed.

 Maxwell's not checking properly.