Chapter XIII - The heroic figure.

The sight of the left half of his body stained with blood must have made him feel demonic, even though he was very young. Kobolds flinched for a moment.

 The Kobolds were originally only capable of the lowest ranks of monsters.

 Nevertheless, they regained their composure, surrounded us and took up a posture to attack us.

 As if in response to this move, we also lowered our posture and responded.

 Just as we were about to leap at each other, a shadow jumped in between us.

'What are you doing to my daughter?

 Silver light rushing with a cry.

 The light, with its overwhelming mass and destructive power, bounced off one of the Kobolds and smashed it to pieces.

 The heroic back that stood with us on its back was the very image of the hero I was aiming for.

 It was my father in this life, Lyell, who had rushed to the scene.

'Rai--dad?'

''Are you okay, Nicole?''

''Uh, yeah--back!'

 Kobolds pounced on Lyell's back as he carelessly turned his back on us.

 It was no surprise. It is not normally possible to turn one's back on each other in a killing field.

 However, there was a clear difference in strength between Lyell and Kobolds to the extent that there was no problem in doing so.

 The two were not at all concerned about Kobold biting them on the shoulder, but saw that we were safe - not quite - but still alive, and let out a breath of relief.

 Then, he suddenly grabbed Kobold's head with his open left hand and slammed it to the ground.

 The Kobold, which had been slammed into the grass, which should have softly received it, was, however, shattered with impossible force.

 This is because it was directly hit by Lyell's physical strength, which was so strong that it did not care about the softness of the ground.

 The Kobold, whose head was smashed, trembled and expired.

 At this point, Kobold must have finally acknowledged the difference in strength. They look at each other slightly and begin to plot their escape at once.

 But even this was not allowed by the heroes of this village.

 Suddenly, a wall of light surrounded the area and blocked Kobold's escape.

 I've seen this magic before.

 It's the magic that Maria uses, the Holy Jail of the Divine Cage of Sacred Magic. It is a magic that creates a cage with a force field of energy from sacred power to contain the enemy.

 She doesn't have the same physical ability as Lyell, but she was able to use this magic to contain her enemies from a distance.

 She approached with her usual, beaming smile on her face, but with a different kind of power than usual.

 Seeing me with half my body stained with blood, her smile became even deeper.

 But with a great deal of murderous intent.

'Ma, ma ......'

'It's all right - it's not. Nicole, wait a minute.'

 I say one word and immediately activate the magic, and a pale light clings to me and the girl.