Chapter 46 - Reid's Decision.

By defeating the evil dragon Colchis, we were able to obtain enough prize money and materials to live with for the rest of our lives.

 But at the same time, it also meant that we gained a prestige that surpassed even the royalty and nobility.

 With the exception of Maxwell, who was originally royalty, we were nothing but an obstacle to the privileged class.

 In the end, we were tired of being collateral damage in such power struggles and decided to participate in the unification and reconstruction of the three northern countries ourselves.

 Fortunately, a newborn royal survivor was discovered, and with the child at the centre of the group of heavyweights from several countries, we have managed to create the appearance of a state.

 We were spending our days going around defeating monsters and wild thieves at the request of these people.

 It was probably around a year after we arrived in the north that these days of running east and west came to an end.

 The continent has a relatively stable climate, but even so, there are still many days in the north when we are stranded by snow.

 We were all stuck indoors under such conditions, spending our leisure time in our own ways.

 Lyell, who is on the front line, and Maria, who is healing her wounds, are often together because they often communicate with each other.

 This somehow became a daily routine - and one day we were informed of their marriage.

 Of course, I am not a naive person, so I understood that there was such an atmosphere between the two of them.

 And Cortina, with her perceptiveness, also understood. When she was informed again, she was the one who congratulated them more than anyone else.

 But the problem came afterwards.

 Lyell, the front-line attacker, and Maria, the key to healing.

 When these two are newlyweds, there is no way to drag them out on an adventure.

 We're not that insane, and we'd have to take care of them if we brought them into the party.

 As a result, we disbanded and went our separate ways.

 Maxwell, who was royalty, was restored to the royal family and returned to his country.

 Gadrus started running an inn to train adventurers to train the younger generation.

 Maria assisted the church in a nearby village, and Lyell was posted as a guard in that village.

 In the midst of all this, only Cortina and I had nowhere to go.

''Maybe it's time for me to retire, too.''

' 'What are you talking about, man? You're still young."

'No, it's nothing to do with age, is it?'

 At the Inn of Gadrus I was passing the time, winding down the tubes like that.

 It is true that I am only in my mid-twenties.

 But the other day I tried accompanying a newcomer on a retreat, and it didn't go as well as I'd hoped.

 Gadrus asked me to join a party of new adventurers and take charge of the training of the younger ones, but I had to handle everything on my own, including the fighting with the monsters.

'Well, if you go out scouting, you're going to be chopping trolls' heads off as you go out, so it's not really a good way to train new recruits.'

''But they've had their fill of trolls, though, haven't they?"