Chapter 42: The Struggle

Then we had to scramble east and west to get our lives in order.

 I brought minimal luggage for the journey, as did Finia.

 Finia was going to bring a huge amount of luggage, but it was reduced to the bare minimum by Maria.

 I have to replenish my reduced luggage in this way here.

 Cortina had also prepared a room and a bed for us, but she had not prepared sheets and curtains because of her personal taste.

 We need to buy these supplies.

'Look at this, Nicole-sama. Don't you think these are pretty?"

'What's with the heart-patterned curtains? And the colour pink and--"

''Nicole-sama's overall colour is white, so a reddish colour like this would look good ...''

' 'No, why don't you just use regular white?'

''The protective colour makes them invisible.''

''I'm not a chameleon!''

 Finia's tension is more than a little strange, as they are shopping together.

 Finia and Cortina, the landlord, were the only three people who came shopping.

 Cortina is looking at Finia with a smile.

 If you think about it, Cortina also saw Finia when she was a little girl. She must be deeply moved to see that the young girl of that time has grown up.

 But be that as it may, the pattern on this curtain is not .......

 I picked up another product to refuse firmly, and sold it to Finia.

'How about this pale yellow one over here?'

'Yellow looks dazzling in the sun, doesn't it?'

'Well then, go for this green one. This one is easier on the eyes.'

'Isn't it too light-shielding and wouldn't Nicole-sama oversleep?'

''I don't sleep in''.

' ' No, it's not true. You' re a surprisingly good sleeper.'

 Every day I exercise my body to the limit of my physical strength, and at night I work hard at manipulating magic until I run out of magic at night.

 I'm living such a daily life, so I'm surprisingly late in the morning.

 Due to the long hours of sleep and extreme fatigue characteristic of a child, I frequently overslept in the mornings.

'How about this, you two?'

 There, Cortina brought a curtain with a cat symbol on it.

 They are a little childish, but the colour is beige and calm.

 Finia and I looked at each other and confirmed with eye contact that we would compromise in this area.

 A few days later, we also had to prepare for the entrance into the school.

 The Academy of Witchcraft and Wizardry also has a uniform.

 Cortina had provided me with a free-size uniform, but it was too big for me.

 Furthermore, I had to fit my boots directly to my feet in order to choose the right ones. In the end, I had to go to the school and have a fitting in person.

 The uniform was a dark blue pleated skirt and a white shirt with the designated crest. The only other uniform I had was a jacket of the same colour as the skirt, boots and a beret with a feather ornament.