Chapter 39: White Helping Hands.

◇◆◆◆◆

 My best friend was injured in front of me.

 Even though she is a strange girl, Michelle knows that she is too kind to leave it behind.

 That's why she, too, chose to stay where she was and fight against the riffraff.

 But they are, after all, adults and children. The difference in physical strength is insurmountable.

'I have to do something ...... I have to - I have to hit the target properly!'

 She gritted her teeth and tried to watch the arrow, but her strength was gradually running out. Even though the hunting bow is small enough for a young girl, she does not yet have the strength to pull it.

 In the first place, the number of arrows remaining in the quiver is not encouraging.

'What should I do with three more ...... arrows?'

 It is Michelle's role to inflict effective damage on the enemy.

 She was more frustrated than ever at not being able to fulfil that role.

 But even if she shoots frantically, the man's shield prevents her from attacking.

 She becomes aware that her aim is becoming coarser as her impatience only grows. At this rate, she might hit Nicole.

'Oh my God, ...... I have to do something!'

' 'Do you want the power?'

 Then a carefree, bottomless, cheerful voice calls out.

 The voice is beautiful, with a hint of childishness that sounds as if it is singing. However, it is covered up by a sense of charm and friendliness.

 When she turns around, there is a girl there.

 She is probably a little older than her.

 But what is overwhelmingly striking is her whiteness. She has shining silver hair and white skin that looks like it's about to fall off.

 The bow in her hand is also shining silver and white, as if it had been handmade.

"'Um, who are you?"

'I am God! By the way, Michelle-chan. Don't you want power?"

'What? Um, ......"

If we don't do something soon, she might be in danger, you know?"

''Ho, I want one!

 She is too suspicious, but she is willing to sell her soul even to the devil if he says he will help her to help Nicole.

 At this time, Michelle thought so from the bottom of her heart.

'Then, I'll lend you this.'

 The girl holds out a huge bow in her hand to Michelle.

 Michelle took it fearfully, but her expression was immediately tinged with despair.

 The strings are too stiff to pull at all.

'This is no good, I can't use it.'

'That's why I'm here. I can help you. It's a special case, okay?"

 Immediately after saying this, Michelle was filled with power like never before.

 This was the same, if not stronger, strengthening magic that Maria had cast on her.

'Then you can pull it off, can't you? However, the power is not half as strong as it should be, so never miss. Also, ordinary arrows will bounce off, so please use this one."

"What?"

 I didn't understand what she meant when she said the arrows would pop, but anyway, with such a huge bow, there must be dedicated arrows.

 Thinking this, Michelle accepted the arrow without any doubt.

 The arrow was made of steel and the arrowhead was spiralled.

'That bow is named Third Eye. Take good care of it, will you?'

''Uh-huh.''

 You never know when the magic that has been cast on you will wear off.

 Michelle immediately turns her steel arrows into a white-silver bow, the Third Eye, and holds it at the ready.

 The huge bow is as tall as she is - or even taller.

 It is a synthetic bow made of white material sandwiched between crystal plates, and the strings are made of silver thread - not silver thread, but spun sacred silver mithril.

 It was no surprise that she could not pull such a bow.

 However, the enhanced muscular strength easily pulled the steel-like strings.

 The synthetic bow, with a white substance sandwiched between crystal plates, squeaked and flexed.

''If you pull with all your might, the shockwave will cause both her and you, Michelle, to become collateral damage. Use it in moderation.'

''Ha, yes!''

 The girl's words are responded to reflexively.

 I could certainly feel that much power from this bow.

 I was so nervous that I couldn't aim, thinking that it would be an accidental shot.

'Don't worry, even with the right strength, that shield will tear like paper. So calm down.'

 She gently puts her hand on my back and eases my tension.

 I felt that even my physical exhaustion had disappeared at the touch.

 Michelle feels as if a weight has been lifted from her shoulders, and she takes aim again.

 This time, her aim was spot on.

 In fact, she feels she can even predict how they will move.

'That's how the gift of marksmanship works,' she says. Believe in your power."

 The girl whispers.

 As if pushed by her words, Michelle unleashed the arrow.

  ◇◆◇◆◆