Chapter 29 Arrivals

Finia certainly has some knowledge of combat.

 It is only minimal to protect an important person like me.

 The art of full-scale fighting was not in her hands. 

'I have only studied primarily as a housekeeper in order to serve Lyell-sama and his family. I didn't think I needed to be a fighter to serve them. Even if I acquired half the skills, it would only slow me down."

 It is. To be able to do combat at the level of me, Lyell and the others, that's what it means to be strong enough to save the world.

 It would be unreasonable to ask that much of her.

"But even I should be able to do it so that I don't become a liability to Nicole-sama!"

"Are you saying I'm weak?"

''No, no, it was never like that .......''

 Well, I'm certainly very poor now.

 I've learned some serious swordsmanship, and I have some past experience, so I can fight better than a novice.

But thinking about the future, it's not a bad idea to get stronger.

'Yes, that's right!'

 There is no Lyell or Maria in Raum. Instead, there are Maxwell and Cortina.

 The problem is that they are both in the rearguard.

 Cortina, a beastman, is physically strong for her race, but she is still far from being a true professional.

 Maxwell, an old elf, may or may not even be able to beat an ordinary man.

 No, with elves, a decade or so is within the margin of error?

'Then I'll talk to Leon! Unfortunately, I don't know enough about swords to teach you."

"'Ehh."

 Ellen's cheeks puffed up a little when I gave her a frustrated look.

'He doesn't have the gift of swordsmanship, but he's had enough trouble with it. You can't make fun of that experience, can you?'

'Mmm, that too.'

 Come to think of it, the experience of me and Lyell is too different by orders of magnitude to be of any use to the average Finnian.

 Rather, many gifted masters are people who have grown up too fast and are not suited to teach others.

 I once had a Cortina who begged me to teach her the covert arts, but I couldn't teach her well.

'Well, could you teach Finia the basics?

'Nicole, don't you need it?'

'I was taught by my la--dad'.

'Papa ...... Oh, Lord Lyell! I envy you, being taught by a hero."

"'That's the only advantage'."

 Reluctantly, Lyell was good at teaching others for a man with a gift for the art of combat.

 Perhaps this was because he had a fundamentally calm personality that was suited to patiently teaching.

 I didn't have that kind of patience.

 That's why, in a previous life, I gave up the sword and went into the art of steel threads.

Besides, I need a break now.

 With my right hand like this, I don't think I can swing a sword for a while.

 I will have to spend some time resting.