Chapter 21 - The True Value of Interference Magic

The next day, Maria went out into the courtyard of the mansion and ordered Michelle-chan to shoot an arrow at the target, a standing board.

 Michelle-chan, tilting her head, followed Maria's instructions.

 She drew a small hunting bow, suitable for a young girl, and with a serious expression on her face, she knocked the arrow and fired it.

 The arrow, which flew in a slightly uneven direction due to lack of strength, did not aim well and pierced the lower left-hand corner of the target.

''Wow, it's amazing that at your age you can hit an arrow at this distance. That's why you have the gift of marksmanship.'

''Heh, heh."

 Maria gave Michelle-chan a pat on the head and then led us to check the target.

 An arrow stuck in the lower left-hand corner of the target had stopped halfway buried in the arrowhead.

 This is not forceful enough to hunt the beast.

'Oooh, still shallow.'

'It doesn't help that you're not strong enough yet. I'd rather be proud of myself for hitting the target so solidly.'

'Yes, Michelle, you're amazing!'

 In fact, the distance she shot her arrow was over ten metres.

 For a novice like her, to hit a target at this distance is surprisingly impressive.

 And moreover, she has a crude children's bow in her hand.

'Then let's go back to where we were just now. I'll ask Michelle to shoot one more time, okay?"

''Uh, yes.''

 Back to the original spot, Michelle-chan shoots the arrow again.

 This time, however, Maria casts a strengthening spell before doing so.

 Maria, who had been a rear-guard and supported the team, also knows a little bit about interference systems. Of course, her skills are not as impressive as Maxwell's, but they are not far behind.

 The arrow follows the same trajectory as before and hits the lower left-hand side of the target.

 However, unlike before, the left half of the target was split open by the impact of the shot.

''Oh, oh?''

'I don't even need to go back to check this. Hey? And the interference system is awesome, isn't it?"

''Uh-huh.''

'Nicole will be able to do this when she has access to magic'.

 I tête-à-tête and run to the target to check the shattered target.

 Among the debris, there was an arrow left behind that had pierced the wooden plank, showing how powerful it was.

 The arrow she released as a young girl had shot through the wooden plank.

 This is evidence that the enhanced power of interference magic cannot be underestimated.

'Amazing, isn't it?'

 I've been given enhancements many times before my death too.

 But since I originally joined the party as a proficient, I already had a high-powered attack method back then.

 So the opportunities to appreciate the benefits were surprisingly few.

'Right? If Nicole works hard, she'll be able to do it in no time."