Permission

"Everyone."

Cale called out to his friends, while also indirectly telling the rest of the world who are watching these cursed scenes with them at the moment.

"The people you're seeing on the screen are someone else. Not the Hyung-nim I know, not the dragons I respected, not my family that I love, and certainly not my caring friends. All the twisted things that you might see on the screen soon have NOTHING to do with the people I cared for."

That redhead's clear voice rang through the two Continents with a warning.

"So don't... Don't you dare to even think of coming at them for my sake. I would definitely hate that. And I WILL come after you myself if that were to happen."

No stutter and no hesitancy.

Cale's face was shown by the split-screen for a moment there and everyone can see the seriousness in his reddish-brown pair.

The Eyes of a Predator.

The ex-commander stood on his ground and becomes the shield for his people even before the threat itself ever have the chance to manifest.

His words and actions brought fright, awe, and warmth to those who watched.

All the while Cale left no space for disobedience as the next scene started to play.

+

Cale who was admiring the golden plaque that Hyung-nim gave him was mildly confused when Choi Han chimed on how he'll ask Alberu when he simply asked for books for some entertainment.

Like...

'Why does Choi Han need to ask permission for me to read some books?'

Cale held his temple in stress over this nonsense, he's starting to think that they might be a little bit more traumatized than he thought.

'I mean. I get it, I guess...'

Seeing your family member stabbing himself and bleeding out excessively without any warning would tend to traumatize anyone, let alone these people who certainly have trust issues.

'I was at fault'

So he'll take responsibility for it. He'll stay here for a few days and then go back home.

He'll probably get grounded for life if he goes back home, but oh well, he can always talk his way out of it.

+

'No, he's not'

Cale was holding back by a lot at this point.

Oh, how he wished to use the cintamani power to get to that world and smacked Kim's head from the back for his idiocy.

He didn't even care if he himself would have fallen to the same trap had The Lady and her meddling white rabbits remained quiet— he would welcome any sort of beating from his parallel self, or anyone, really, as long it was done so he could see how fucked up this situation is without the rose-tinted glasses he wears all his life as Cale Henituse.

+

That redhead stood up from his bed as he glared at the chains that held his wrist that doesn't seem to bulge even as he moved and tugged it around.

Slowly walking towards the door, his heart which barely healing at a normal pace, no thanks to his healing ancient power being sealed as well, beats irregularly.

Cale actually has a literal hole in his heart and it looked disgusting...

+

The heroes glanced at his friends who stared at the other redhead behind the screen solemnly.