Hope in Sickness

Some of the adults were not paying enough attention. But those who are parents to the young children were around a few scenes prior when they noticed how their children has fallen under a spell and actually fell asleep.

There are only a few children that fit the criteria and remained awake to watch all the torture that the crimson-haired hero had to undergo.

And quite frankly, Gashan stared at the youngsters of his own kin with pity if anything.

'Poor kids...'

He realized that half of them, as in, those that were allowed to stay awake are the ones who had enough 'experience' with blood and misery themselves although they don't actively involve in war.

That shaman thought that it was very unfortunate of these younglings to find out that torture doesn't necessarily come in physical form. And yet here they are, being fortunate enough to learn new things while casually getting even more traumatized at how wicked the world can be, even toward someone who's pure and kindhearted like their Crimson-haired hero.

It was genuinely frustrating to know. that he can't even tell these children to fall asleep or block their views now knowing how late it's been.

That old shaman can only pray to the nature that he believed in that these children can find a lesson in all of these somehow, not knowing that The Lady and her white rabbits would later rearrange their memories accordingly despite how much that they keep seeing right now...

But, yeah, anyways...

Back to the viewing—

+

A week after his first arrival and 3 days since his eating disorder made a comeback, and yet, Rok Soo found himself nearly grinning like a dork as he realized the state he woke up in, that morning.

{...you looked happy for someone who claim to feel awful...}

Cale couldn't understand the other's way of thinking despite Rok Soo being his parallel self.

No, actually, He gets it.

To guilt trip his family.

That's basically, Rok Soo's goal.

Yet still. For him to easily thought of this while he got stunned when he first heard of the plan—

'Maybe he's right... I've been too comfortable with my own shackles.'

It was at that moment, that Cale steeled his heart knowing that Rok Soo would be merciless towards his first targets:

the children, Choi Han, and Lock.

+

That swordmaster blinked in surprise.

He could understand Raon, On, Hong, and Lock being the first few targets.

But why does his parallel self mentioned in that liner?

'I thought Cale-nim would be scared of me?'

He has witnessed Rok Soo walking on eggshells around him, especially when he's being 'vicious' as his own liege dubbed it.

Which is why, he's a bit puzzled as to why his parallel self is targeted as well.

Though, really, he knows not to ask seeing that his answer would likely come on its own at the due time.

+

'It would be great if this fever lasted by the time The Henituse Family were scheduled to visit'