The Messenger

Beautiful hair glistening under the sunlight, Jack's lock looked holy as it should be despite how he's walking next to the soon-to-be King, Alberu, whose hair's much healthier than his own. 

That being said, in contrast to the crown prince who managed to pull out a neutral expression so that he wouldn't alert anyone else, Jack's expression is not good.

+

'I don't think I looked that much different from the other me—'

Sheepish as he goofily thought so to himself, however, he then realized how grave it meant by peeking at his twin sister who has shifted her position to be closer to him as she looked like she was about to cut anyone and anything who dares to get close to him.

+

Jack's face was almost as white as paper. Whereas, when Alberu asked if he's alright, that young Pope replied with.

"My apologies, your highness, It seems like my shock upon the news regarding the young master-nim has affected my complexion"

His answer came out naturally, which is why Alberu doesn't suspect a thing and just leads the other blond to where Eruhaben would then teleport him to 'the sacred room', while he returned to his office since there's still a lot to be done before tomorrow.

It was at that moment.

+

"Gasp...!"

Many people gasped in shock at the same time as the older Sun God twin that they were currently watching.

Taking a break from the Hero-nim's Point of View, that boy said.

Some of the audiences were not ready to see this extreme sight of their esteemed hero.

Bones and skin would be a more accurate description than 'a body'.

Hollow cheeks with bags under the eyes, sickly discoloration of his already normally pale skin all over his body, and not to mention, the fact that they can't even see the rise and fall of the redhead's chest...

+

"He just woke up from a Comatose yesterday... unfortunately, we haven't been able to feed him properly since his body seemed to be too weak to stomach heavy food."

Eruhaben heavy-heartedly informed the teary-eyed Pope.

+

'I thought dragons are supposed to be smart??? Did he really think that all of those were simply caused because one cannot eat for days?'

Although that explanation does pitch into the blemish, there's definitely no excuse that the abuse was contributing a LOT more to this damage.

+

"My magic seemed to be too much for a non-mage like him. However, I was told that he's loved by gods, so hopefully, you can help him out?"

That Ancient dragon sounded almost pleading to this timid human who might be the only person that can actually salvage his... son... from death's clutch.

+

"Still have the gut to see Cale as his son, I see"

Fredo is smiling.

It was a wide smile that caused his fangs to glint under the light— Something that he rarely does due to how manic he looked wearing it. 

But who cares about appearance in this kind of situation, right?