Dandelions

Cale Henituse.

The famous red-head hero who everyone adores is currently lying on his bed, sniffing the peony the thoughtful kids brought him. He hummed to the tune the music box is playing, which was gifted by his dear ancient dragon.

The kids brought lots of flowers, such as roses, chrysanthemums, dandelions, daisies, and others when they saw how Cale loved the smell of those flowers.

His reddish-brown-colored eyes observed the flower as he caressed it softly before plucking each petal. They had brought him countless gifts...

He doesn't know why, they just did.

Maybe it's gifted because of how hard he had worked during the war?

It's free anyway, so he'll gratefully accept it.

+

"Even there, my son seems to adore free gifts"

That Vampire King hummed in delight, glad that there's still something in common he could find between this red-haired fool that they're viewing with the fierce crimson-haired hero whom he knows could make enemies cry even without him using his power.

Yes.

Fredo thought of their Cale Henituse that highly, that this other Cale behind the screen looked like a dumb fool to him in comparison.

+

The petals are scattered everywhere over the bed, and the smell of sweets and fruits is everywhere. There was another flower crown on his head, it seems because the children now had a new hobby of arts and crafts, which Cale would never openly admit, but it was adorable.

The people in the room were naturally the 3 children, Choi Han, Ron, and Eruhaben. It has been 2 days since he's been in this room and ever since Raon told him how long he's been here, he started counting, to not lose track of time in the back of his head... not knowing that he's been fooled once by the young dragon already.

His head constantly counting, ticking like a living clock.

"Human, do you like the gifts?"

Raon asked as he watched Cale pluck all the flower petals before then laying them down on the bed, one petal per second.

"Yes."

It was short, but the dragon could see the warm gaze in his eyes. The kids didn't seem to mind that all the flowers they offered Cale were being plucked.

"I got it, human! I'll get you more flowers later!"

Cale yawned as he stretched out his hand. It was probably 2'o clock in the afternoon, and all he did was eat, sleep, read, play with the children, and dozed.

Still holding on to the belief that they will let him out sooner, that redhead relaxed his muscles as he patiently waited for the promised freedom to come by itself.

+

"This is ridiculous."

Clopeh complained with an unreadable look.

The Cale-nim he worships knows everything.

The red-haired hero that he praised daily and nightly is someone who sees danger even before the said danger can show any sign of manifesting.

And even if... there's something that he missed, the Cale he knows would easily tackle the trouble by any means.

Clopeh has witnessed the historical part of life as Kim Rok Soo. And by gathering pieces of information that was said by those 'Koreans' about the young man, that guardian knight concluded that even back then, Kim Rok Soo is a strong willed person who's able to handle all the obstacles fate has thrown at his powerless self.