Chessboard

It has been five days, almost a week since Cale has stayed in this place chained up.

Lonely is not even a word here, because he was constantly with someone every second in every moment.

Anywhere and anytime.

There's always someone watching.

There's always someone to be present there.

+

No privacy whatsoever.

Many people stared at the screen incredulously as they thought to themselves just how... sanity consuming, that would have been.

'Just how did the other Hero-nim keep himself from snapping to anyone??'

Well, those who wondered similarly regretted ever asking this as they watched how the situation progresses to much worse situation in less than two weeks.

+

It was like this before too, but the difference is, the red-head is stuck here, he can't move to a different room, he can't go outside, and the only form of privacy he has is in the bathroom, and even then, Ron, always stood outside the door, incase anything happens, always alert even if it's only a bar of soap that fell.

The children were with him, sleeping on his bed at night. Choi Han is always guarding the door, only letting it open when someone was coming in. Even Eruhaben sometimes just chill in the couch reading a book and sometimes glancing his reptile eyes at Cale.

Cale didn't say anything.

He doesn't deserve to say anything after all the pain he's caused to his family. This was his fault, after all.

+

Meanwhile, that temporarily shrunked redhead was highly conflicted.

Seeing things from an oudsider's point of view, it was easy to say that everything is wrong with this situation.

However, Cale already shared some memories with Kim. And thus, he also has some shared opinion, which made him cannot fully blame Kim to fall for this trap.

These scenes are hurting his brain...

+

Another reason why, was because he won't be here any longer. In a few days, he'll go ahead and spend all his money he earned during the war.

He's going to live a proper life as a wealthy slacker.

'Of course, the children will be there with me. I have to make sure they sleep on time, and also take care of their studies. I can't leave them to Ron. Maybe mother?'

+

Violan has a bitter smile as she witnessed how the other Cale still trusted her parallel self despite how obvious he's been betrayed by the Henituse family as well...

He was abandoned.

Yet that red-haired noble still have some hope for them to save him one day.

'How tragic...'

+

His heart was still in the process of healing, and it still looked disgusting as ever. If only he had the vitality of the heart, he would heal in an instant.

+

"That punk that looked like me is so dumb."

Eruhaben blurts out so casually, making Cale and some others to stare as if asking how can he just say that so easily.