Broken Throne

"His highness is free today. So he will visit you later in the afternoon."

Cale hummed upon the info while obediently staying still as a play doll for his children- Technically speaking, lending his silky long hair for the trio to play with.

"Hah. I didn't know you like this type of stuff, On."

The silver-haired girl smiled as she keeps brushing her dad's hair.

"I've just been interested in hair and clothes lately. since we've never actually got time to play like this."

Cale frowned at her comment.

He led the children to war at an early age, he was not a good guardian. It was true that the children's powers were necessary to win, but it doesn't excuse him for exploiting their powers, especially when they were only children.

He'll let them play with his hair a little longer.

+

The heroes could hear a sigh coming out from their red-haired friend.

However, before the young noble can even say anything about the matter— On, that silver cat has cuts in first and speaks before Cale could do it.

"We're doing it for ourselves, Dad"

She said, followed by her brothers.

"You've been keeping us away from danger as much as it is possible"

Hong continued.

"Don't get too full of yourself, human! We stays because we wanted to! Not because you're telling us to do that!"

Raon, being the almighty dragon that he is, reminded their human that he brought them to war was not him forcing them to it from the circumstances- no.

They agreed to his plans because they wished to help the person who has saved them.

"But..."

"Young Master-nim. On-ssi, Hong-ssi, and Raon-nim is right."

Maes chimed into the conversation.

"Regardless of us being children still in your eyes, what we did are mostly our decisions to make. If anything, your guidance and help have been something we're truly grateful for, knowing how bad we would have ended without your intervention in the first place"

Still on his Chibi form, however, for once Lock didn't look as timid as he said what he speaks up while looking at Cale in the eyes with his own smile.

He learned that from the redhead too, so it was only right for the ex-commander to know that he didn't just bring negative effects to their life by taking them along through this war.

Meanwhile, with that young noble, he can only stare at the children who claimed so before then looking away, not really knowing what to respond to them with.

"Do as you wish..."

Is all he manages to say, but that's enough to make everyone smile.

"Yes, dad~ we'll do as we wish!"

And with that chirps by Hong, they then focus back on the scene above.

+

After spending some more minutes, Cale then got up from his seat and towards the couch.

He took the cookie jar from the table and began to munch on cookies. His hair was braided beautifully, making him look like a fairy nymph.

+