Chapter 1

"Andie come on just let Clint do it when he comes back." My sister Laura said as my fiancé Max and I painted the baby nursery in her house.

"That's what I told her." Max said and I groaned.

"And when will Clint be home?" I asked Laura and she just looked at her huge belly and rubbed.

"I don't know." Laura said and I sighed.

"Exactly." I said and she groaned.

"You know why he isn't home, so don't start." Laura said and I just kept painting.

"Yeah I know and I want to help. I am living here with you to help you. I want to make sure everything is okay." I said and she smiled and walked in the room. She wrapped her arms around me in a hug.

"You are the best baby sister ever." Laura said and I smiled. She walked over to Max and hugged him too.

"And the best soon to be brother-in-law." Laura said and Max sighed.

"Not soon enough." Max said looking at me and I groaned.

"Not now Max. I at least want Clint to get used to me being engaged before I just spring a wedding on him." I said and he nodded,

"I know, I know." Max said as Laura's cellphone rang. I opened the bedroom window to let some of the paint fumes out.

"Hey. My sister is being extra stubborn." Laura said putting her phone on speaker.

"Andie...are you being extra stubborn?" Clint asked and I smiled.

"No more than usual." I said and he laughed.

"Sorry Laura, you should be used to it." Clint said and I smiled.

"When are you coming home?" Laura asked and I heard Clint sigh.

"We are working on something big here. Once we get a free minute I will be home." Clint said and I sighed as did Laura.

"Just in case I don't make it in time, you have the hospital plan all set right?" Clint asked.

"Yes of course we do." Laura said and I rolled my eyes knowing Clint was being paranoid. Laura saw my annoyance and walked away.

"I don't understand his job at all. I mean I get he travels for work and everything but they wont even let him be here since she is so close to having the baby." Max said and I shrugged.

"I think he is keeping all his time off for once the baby is born." I said and Max nodded. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me flush to him.

"So when Clint does come home we can tell him we are engaged and then start planning our future right?" Max said and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"We sure can." I said and pulled Max down into a passionate kiss. Once we broke apart I sighed and I grabbed Max's hand.

"Let's go wash up..." I said and Max smiled.

"I thought we weren't allowed in the bathroom together? House rules..." Max said.

"If you don't tell, I won't." I said and Max groaned as we went into the bathroom and locked the door. Max pinned me against the door and passionately kissed me and I moaned in his kiss. As he moved his lips down to my neck his phone started ringing.

"Ugh, I'm guessing that's your alarm for work?" I asked and he nodded.

"It is, I'm sorry I didn't know it was so late. I have to go home and get showered and ready." Max said and I groaned. He leaned in and passionately kissed me again.