Chapter 4

A couple hours later I was outside doing some gardening just to keep busy when I heard someone one come walking outside and standing over me on the porch, I looked at saw Tony.

"What can I do for you tin can?" I asked and Tony chuckled.

"So it's not just Cap you don't like, it's all of us." Tony said and I shrugged.

"I lived in New York when the attack happened...I have my own personal issues with each and every one of you, Clint included but he knows that. I hate what you guys do and how much danger you put him in. The man has a family, 3 children and a wife." I said annoyed standing up.

"To be completely honest we didn't know about this life of Clints until we showed up." Tony said and I sighed.

"Right but whether we all existed or not you still put him in danger every single day. I can't support that or let you all think it's okay." I said and started to walk away.

"So the world being in danger is okay as long as Clint is safe?" Tony asked as I got up on the porch.

"Never said that. Listen, you think you are doing everything correct in life by dragging the whole team into it danger because you need to be justified or whatever to yourself possibly stroke your ego but I don't need that in my life and I don't think Clint does either but he is always about the greater good." I vented. Tony didn't say anything and I just saw a truck pulling down the driveway.

"FUCK! I don't need this right now." I said pissed off.

"Can you and the rest of the motley crew go upstairs or something to not be seen?" I asked and Tony sighed.

"Please..." I asked and he sensed the problem. He just walked inside and I rushed off the porch.

"Max, I told you not to come." I said stopping him from walking any further.

"And I told you after you called that I was coming. You called me and told me what he said, what am I supposed to do?" Max asked.

"Oh I don't know, let it go. Now is not a good time Max." I said and he walked past me. I ran in front of him to stop him.

"Max, come on...please...." I said and he groaned and pushed past me but he knocked me down on the ground by accident.

"HEY!" Clint yelled and I groaned getting up.

"We need to talk...man to man." Max said and Clint shook his head.

"We can have a conversation man to boy." Clint said.

"Guys please." I said getting between Max and Clint who were standing sizing each other up.

"Okay stop it! I love you both and I need you both to take a step or two back!" I said shoving between them.

"Listen, it's no secret that you don't like me and why you don't but you have to know I would never harm her." Max said and Clint laughed.

"Right like breaking her wrist a few months ago or bruising up her back? That wasn't harming her?" Clint asked.

"Those were all accidents." Max said. I was still between them.

"Right...." Clint said and I sighed.

"Clint, Max...please." I begged and Clint groaned but back off slightly.

"Listen okay, I know the engagement came as a shock to you and trust me that wasn't how I was expecting to tell you. I just want you to be happy for me for once. I know what I am doing in my choices. I love Max. Yes things have happened in the past that he has apologized for and taken care of. Don't make me choose Clint because you like who I choose." I said and Clint sighed. He placed a hand on my cheek and I could see the pain on his face. Clint didn't say anything else and just went inside. I sighed and looked at Max and he gave me a small smile.

"Who was the guy you were talking to when I pulled up?" Max asked and I sighed.

"A co-worker of Clint's." I said and Max sighed.

"Is he staying here?" Max asked and I slightly nodded.

"A couple guys are actually. It's no big deal." I said and Max groaned.
"So tighter living quarters with strangers for how long?" Max asked and I shrugged.

"Not sure." I said and he groaned.

"Why don't you come stay with me?" Max asked.

"I have to be here Max, you know that." I said and he groaned.

"Why? Because of your sister being pregnant? Clint is home now...." Max asked.

"Yes because I need to be here for her as well as the other kids. Can you just not do this again?" I asked and he sighed.

"Okay well can I at least take you out to dinner tonight?" Max asked and I smiled wrapping my arms around his waist and he pulled me closer to him.

"I would love that. I will talk to Clint and Laura and let them know I am staying the night at your place." I said and Max smiled.

"Good because...." Max said and moved to my ear.

"I need you." Max said and I moaned as he nibbled my ear lobe and then kissed my neck under my ear. I moaned a little louder and he chuckled against my neck.

"God I love hearing you moan for me." Max said and I smiled then sighed when he removed his lips.

"What time are you picking me up?" I asked and he smiled.

"6." Max said and I smiled as he leaned in and passionately kissed me.

"6." I said and he walked back to his truck and left. I walked back inside as Tony, Bruce and Steve all come in from the sitting room off the side of the house. I saw them and rolled my eyes heading upstairs. I started packing a bag for a couple nights to be gone. Nat walked in the room.

"What are you packing up for? Running away from home?" Nat asked and I sighed.

"Something like that. You, Clint and your band of misfits are here and I don't need to be." I said and Nat sighed.

"So you are going to be with him?" Nat asked and I nodded.

"A couple days out of here Nat. I can't be here, it's too crowded. You can stay in here in my room." I said and I finished packing my bag. I took it downstairs and set it by the door.

"You aren't seriously leaving with him are you?" I heard someone ask and I turned to see Steve standing there.

"Not that it's any of your business because you don't know me or my situation but yes I am. He is my fiancé so yes I am going with him. Sorry if you don't understand because you never have had someone like I have in Max." I said and went to walk away.

"Why do you think that?" Steve asked.

"Have you ever been in love?" I asked and Steve looked at the floor.

"Didn't think so." I said and walked away. I found Clint and Laura sitting with the kids at the kitchen table.

"I am going to be staying with Max for a couple of days." I said and Clint groaned and opened his mouth to say something.

"No, you don't get a say." I said pointing at him.

"He is picking me up for a date and then we are going back to his place." I said and walked away to get ready for my date.

"I don't like it." Clint said and Laura sighed.

"I don't either but we cant make her see how he is. Someone else is going to have to do it. With it being us she isn't going to listen." Laura said and then she looked at Nat as she walked in.

"She wont listen to me either, don't even ask." Nat said.

"Just let her figure it out." Laura said.

"And in the time it makes her figure it out he could kill her." Clint said and Laura shook her head.

"She wont let it get that far Clint, she is a smart girl and I trust my sister to realize when it's time." Laura said.