Chapter 5

It had been a few days and I was coming home from Max's. I took a cab home since Max was at work and I just wanted to get home. I walked in the front door and everyone was hanging out talking around the kitchen table.

"Hey." I said and they all smiled seeing me.

"Aunt Andie!" Lila yelled excited to see me and ran at me. I picked her up and hid my wince of pain when I did.

"I saw that." Clint said and I just looked at him.

"Not sure what you are talking about. I slept on my neck wrong and it's tense." I said and I put Lila down. Steve looked at me intensely and I just ignored him.

"I'm going to take a shower." I said and headed upstairs. I went into my room and easily got my shirt off.

"So, what else besides the back bruises?" Nat asked standing at the door looking at my back all bruised up. I sighed as she walked in and shut the door. I lifted my hair and showed Nat the cut on my hairline that had stitches.

"Also a jacked-up shoulder." I said and Nat groaned. She grabbed my left hand and saw the diamond ring gone.

"So it's over?" Nat asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, he just doesn't know it. He had to go to work for a couple days so I left the ring and a note." I said and Nat sighed.
"Well look at it this way, if he comes here to do something you have a house full of Avengers." Nat said and I huffed a laugh.

"Right because they would all protect me...." I trailed off as I heard footsteps outside the bedroom and rushed to get a shirt on. Laura knocked and walked in.

"What's the damage?" Laura asked. I showed her.

"I'm sorry I didn't listen." I said and she shook her.

"We got you." Laura said and I smiled in the hug. I showed her my back and hairline and she groaned.

"You dumped him right?" Laura asked and I nodded.

"What happened?" Laura asked as I sat on my bed.

"He just kept going off about Clint not liking him and I told him I was tired of talking about it and he needed to drop it." I said.

"He got angry thinking I was on Clint's side, whatever that was." I added and Laura groaned.

"Listen, let me tell Clint okay. You two need to keep your mouths shut. This is for me to explain to him." I said and they nodded.

"Now I am going to shower." I said grabbed some things to take into the shower with me. Once I got in the bathroom I turned on the water and just broke down into tears in the shower where I knew no one would hear. The past few days were pretty bad and I was just happy to be home, even with the Avengers in the house which still annoyed me. Once I finished in the shower I put on a tank top and some normal shorts and walked down to find Clint. I made sure no one saw my back.

"Welcome back." I heard someone say actually standing behind me, I turned and saw Steve.

"You are good at sneaking up on people." I said and he just shook his head slightly.

"Part of the job." Steve said and I nodded. I walked away from him and found Clint.

"Can we talk?" I asked and then saw all the Tony and Bruce around.

"In private?" I asked and he nodded I had him lead the way as he went outside and he headed to the barn.
"Let me see." Clint said and I showed him my back and my hair line.

"My shoulder is also jacked up. Also before you ask, I left him." I said and Clint sighed.

"This is why I wouldn't have let you marry him. I need you to see that." Clint said and I nodded.