Chapter 14

It had been 2 weeks since the baby had been home and Steve admitted he liked me with me admitting I liked him. Steve and I were having a picnic in the yard far away from the house when I saw a black SUV pull into the driveway and Steve saw the same thing.

"That's Fury isn't it?" I questioned and Steve nodded.

"Which can only mean the compound is ready and you guys are leaving." I said and looked at my hands folded in my lap. Steve placed a hand under my chin and made me look at him.

"Hey, you can come visit and I can come visit you." Steve said.

"Yeah when you aren't off saving the world." I said with a smile and he smiled back. We then looked and saw Fury get out of the car with Rumlow right behind him.

"Ugh, that man." I said and Steve chuckled.

"You want to take him out again? I missed it the first time." Steve said and I laughed.

"Only if he touches me or pisses me off." I said and Steve smiled. He sighed knowing he would have to get up and go into the house. I heard him sigh.

"How many dates have we been on Andie?" Steve asked and I looked at him oddly.

"Odd question...I don't know. If we count this, the few movies nights alone in the house and then two dinners out of the house I would say maybe about 5 to 7 dates." I said and Steve sighed with a smile. Steve did say anything and placed a hand on my cheek and leaned in. I smiled as our lips connected. He was gentle and sweet. I placed a hand on the nape of his neck and held his lips to mine. I took the next step and teased his lower lip with my tongue and he moaned while he opened his mouth. Our tongues worked in harmony and then we broke apart, mostly to catch out breath. Steve and I were just smiled at each other.

"I have a question for you." I said and Steve looked at me oddly.

"After what just happened, that's a weird thing to say." Steve said and I smiled.

"Can I ask it or not?" I asked.

"Go ahead." Steve said.

"Was the your first kiss since 1945?" I asked. He hung his head and huffed a laugh,

"That bad huh?" Steve asked.

"I didn't say that!" I said.

"Well that what it sounds like your saying." Steve said.

"No...I was just wondering how many there have been since you came out of the ice." I said.

"Okay wow, are you jealous Andie?" Steve asked and I punched his arm.

"No, I was just wondering..." I trailed off. Steve grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it.

"I will be honest with you, it's not my first kiss since 1945 but it is the best kiss of my whole life. One I hope to keep repeating with you." Steve said and I smiled. I leaned in and kissed him again. As we kissed we heard someone clear their throat and looked to see Rumlow standing there.

"Can we help you?" I asked annoyed.
"Captain, once you are done playing kissing face with her you are needed in the house." Rumlow said. I clinched my fist.

"I'll be in soon." Steve said and Rumlow just stood there.

"I am to stay until you come in." Rumlow said.

"No you are just being an asshole." I said annoyed.

"Language princess." Steve whispered in my ear. Steve then looked at Rumlow.

"I will be right in once I help Andie pack all this up." Steve said.

"She can handle it, she is used to cleaning up messes I'm sure. Come one Captain." Rumlow said. I stood up.